Chapter Six (6)

Blake's p.o.v

I was both annoyed and surprised by how slow the week passed. Annoyed, because all I wanted to do was be with Benny, day and night, but I couldn't because he had a life, and as desperately as I wanted to see him, I didn't want to push him away from me ieither. I mean, we acknowledged each other in the halls at school. Sometimes I would go up and talk to him between breaks and walk him to his neck class, some days I would drive us to a joint near the school to grab a bite to eat, or I would just drive him home on odd days. And it was just surprising about how I felt about him. I've never felt like this before, and I wasn't even sleeping with him, we were going slow and steady.

But then there is today. Today is our first actual date he agreed to go on with me, and I would be lying if I would say I'm not nervous.

My body felt ridged and I want to move. I was pacing my room, running my hands over my button up shirt, deciding if I looked better in my blue jeans, or if it would be to fancy to dress in my black ones.

"Blake," Appoloin didn't knock just stepped in, "Stop worrying. If this boy likes you, he won't care what jeans you are wearing." He said simply, his hand holding my shoulder as I went to walk back and forth, "Buy stick with wearing the blue ones and a black tie." He smiled.

"Why am I feeling like this?" I asked, fiddling with the tie, I've never been nervous, maybe when I was a kid, but not now, I was me. Blake Widow, nobody messed with me because my social status in school. The only kind of mess there would be, would be me on top of them, screwing them into a mattress.

Appoloin shrugged, walking me out of my room, "Because he is your life. Or is going to be your life."

I nodded, "What if he cuts off all ties with me after this, though?"

"Don't push him," Appoloin let out a chuckle, "I remember I practically harassed your mother until she went on a date with me." His lips curved into smile, one he only got when he thought about her.

Smiling, I grabbed the keys that were set on the table, "Im excited." Checking the time on my watch, I licked at my lips, running my tongue repeatedly over my gums. They felt sore but I already ate.

"Are you thirsty?"

I grimaced, "I just ate though."

"Then when you come back." Appoloin told me, before smirking and placing his black and golden credit card in my hand, "Don't speed, and have fun." He smiled, giving me a pat on the back before closing the door as I walked out.

~

My head bobbed steadily to the music playing in the back, as I shifted and clutched the vehicle, going a little over the speed limit to reach my destination in a little under fifteen minutes.

"Oh gosh." I mumbled. Reaching over to the glove compartment to pull out a single white rose.

Walking up the stairs, I tapped my thigh nervously as I stood in front if the door. Shit. What if he says he doesnt want to come now?

As I stood out there, I could distinguish three heart beats, one beating calm, then the other thumping wildly, their whispers were faint but understandable. Benny was freaking out, and his mom, I'm guessing, was telling him to calm down and if I really liked him I wouldn't care about his 'issues'.

Bringing my fist up, I knocked on the door twice, a smile making its way onto my face when a man, probably in his late thirties answered the door.

"And I'm guessing you are Blake?"

I took a minute, "...Yes."

"The football player from the school?" I nodded, furrowing my brows. What did that have to do with anything? "I hope you know, just because you are what people these call "popular", you can't just make my son fall for you. Then ditch him." He dead panned, a glare set on his face. Mr. Carlson was a plump man, his stomach was rounded in his tucked in plaid button up and gray slacks.