10 - Preparations

Now, we return to the present, where we left off. September 27, 2999. That was the day that odd things began happening. More Forgotten showed up around the world, as well as many monsters working together. The Sharks came up with a possibility that a war was coming. That worried the world's leaders when they heard this. A couple months before they started seeing these changes, the famous people actually ended up making a group called the Sharks. Feia was the only famous person that did not join them. He was never fond of groups, or even people in general. He occasionally came to their HQ, but never officially joined them. They begged Feia to join many times, because not only was he strong, but he was smart. That was surprising to many people, since they knew Feia was insane. It turned out that during the years when Feia lived alone, he did lots of studying and read many books that increased his intelligence. Feia always denied the Shark's pleas, and ended up never joining the group. Feia was one of the first people to notice that monsters were beginning to work together outside of their race. When it began happening, there were more reported deaths every day. A minimum of two people died every single day.

Over the course of two months, starting in September of 2999, the Sharks began preparing for a war. It was official; there would be a war between the Sharks and the monsters around the world. There was a problem, however, and that was the fact that the monsters greatly outnumbered the Sharks. In the entire world, there was about ninety-five people that could kill any monster above Normal. As for the monsters, they appeared every day. The Sharks believed there was a source to all the monsters. Something had created them; they didn't just appear out of nowhere. That was when they sent Yao to get Feia and bring him to the HQ. Feia ended up coming to the HQ to hear what they had to say. When Feia sat in the chair that was supposed to be his if he ever joined, the leader spoke up. The leader of the Sharks was Thomas, the smartest and second strongest man on Earth. "Feia. We have a proposal. You know how we believe there is a source to all the monsters, correct? We want you to find this source, and destroy it." Feia thought for a moment, trying to decide what his answer would be. "I shall! I accept your offer, my good friend, but what is the prize I get for completing this wonderful task?," Feia said with enthusiasm. Everyone in the room laughed until Thomas silenced them. "Well, you can be a hero," he said, but when Feia shook his head, Thomas added, "and you will get lots of cash." Feia grinned and shook Thomas' hand, and left the HQ.

Feia pulled a map out of his bag, which he always carried around, and tried to figure out where to start looking. Inside the bag was a map, a picture of Grace and Dimitri, the special glasses, his scythe pen, a tie, a grapple gun, some pills, about three books, and a couple other things. He decided to start on an island in the middle of the ocean. He pulled a tablet from his bag, and typed something in. Then, he teleported to the island that he had marked. Feia explored for seven months, until June 6, 3000, when he discovered something that was odd. He had been nearly everywhere in the world, except for his hometown. That meant that the source was in Thaleind, or it did not exist. He reported the information he had gathered to the Shark's HQ, but they did not respond. That was when Feia went to the HQ, and knocked on the doors. After knocking three times and getting no answer, Feia kicked the doors until they were forced open. When the doors opened, the building reeked of blood and rotting flesh. Feia reached in his bag and pulled the special glasses out hesitantly, because he was afraid of what would be there. When Feia put on the glasses, he saw the bodies of Shark members scattered around the HQ.