7 - Pain

Feia had married Grace at the age of twenty-seven in February, after dating her for a year. Then, with his wife, he had a child two years later. They ended up naming the child Dimitri. Dimitri was born on the same day as Feia. However, tradgedy struck fifteen years later. Feia and Dimitri's birthday was in four months. Dimiti would have been turning sixteen, but it never happened. While Dimitri and Feia's wife, Grace, were walking through the city of Thaleind, they were attacked. They had run into a Forgotten in the middle of summer, which was never heard of before. Forgotten always appeared in December, every year, in the last week. Feia had been at work and Grace was taking Dimitri to the doctor.

"Greeat. I hate the doctor, he really just creeps me out," Dimitri groaned as he walked beside Grace. Grace laughed and looked at Dimitri. "Don't worry, he can't do anything to you. He just looks creepy." Dimitri shrugged and walked a bit faster. "C'mon, let's get this over with." Grace nodded and also picked up the pace. From up ahead, not too far, they heard a scream. Dimitri jumped and tried to see what was happening. "Dimitri...let's take a different route."
"But this is the only way. What the heck is happening up there?" Dimitri ran ahead, and Grace came after, yelling for him to come back. Dimitri didn't listen, but it wasn't new. He never listened, and was constantly zoning out. Grace caught up to Dimitri when he stopped in place. "Are you okay? Dimitri? Why did you stop?!," Grace asked, worried. Dimitri shook his head, and his eyes widened. "Mom...look...in front of us. Mom, run." Grace looked up and was face-to-face with a Forgotten.

Dimitri pushed his mom out of the way and the Forgotten chuckled. Dimitri looked at the Forgotten and suddenly, he forgot everything. Before his breathing stopped, he heard running from behind and saw a strange man in front of the Forgotten. Grace had already died. She had forgotten how to breath and had choked. Dimitri had remembered how to breath, and quickly regained conciousness, however. When Dimitri came to, he saw the man fighting the Forgotten. The two moved at such amazing speeds, that it was an eyesore. The man fighting the Forgotten, of course, was the only man that could. Feia was fighting the Forgotten with his bare hands, and he was winning. Then, finishing it off, he punched it's head, and smashed the red ball. He then ran over to Grace and started crying.

Dimitri walked over and looked at the man with a confused look. "Sir? Are you alright? Where am I? What was that?" Dimitri had many questions, but Feia looked at him and told him to hush for a moment. Dimitri was confused why Feia had called him, "son," but he wouldn't question it. Feia stood up and wiped his tears away, and looked at Dimitri. "I'm sorry, my son. I'm sorry this happened to you. You didn't deserve this." Feia closed his eyes and pointed a gun at Dimitri. "This world is a cruel place. I can't bear seeing you live with no memories." Feia pulled the trigger, hesitantly, and killed Dimitri. He shot Dimitri because when you lost your memory thanks to a Forgotten, you never got it back. It was permanent amnesia, a depressing concept. The Forgotten were well known for being the most deadly creatures because of the affect they had on humans. They were also the only monsters that attacked other monsters, including other Forgotten. Oddly enough, they were awfully similar to humans.