Girl fight...basically

Percy pov

Hazy vision, musty roses, spinning head, tied up tongue.

Something was wrong with me, I knew that. But that thing in front of us, it was messing me up. I had no experience with this, but I knew it wasn't right. Between my muddled vision I could see Annabeth baring her teeth at Kelli.

Right? Kelli ?

Kelli giggled a lot. She checked her manicure a lot. But what she did the most was send me smiles that made me feel like ambrosia was in my heart and nectar in my brain. Pleasing, but dangerous. And not at all going to help me in a fight. But why was I fighting again?

I couldn't even hear right. It was like I was underwater, granted I can hear, but you know what I mean. Garbled. Echoey. Everything felt like it was slowed down too. Like a little God was messing with the play button on our lives. Lazily dragging his finger across the time line.

"Percy!" I hear my name. Wait, is it my name? Maybe Kelli knew. She looked really smart. And pretty. She probably smelled good too. I felt myself get a bit relaxed. My sword arm dipped. I should ask Kelli when she's done with Annabeth. (that sounds kinda sexual omg new crackship guys)

Why am I holding a sword?

Kelli scooted around Annabeth. Annabeth let loose a guttural cry and pounced on Kelli.

Kelli looked at me; her eyes pleading. I felt my chest ache for her. Wait, I barely knew her. Why do I feel this? Annabeth glared at me. That felt familiar.

I should help her. Which one? Kelli? No. Annabeth? Wait

"Percy!" They both cried. I felt ringing in my ears. My mind was clearing. Maybe it was because she wasn't looking at me as much. Or Annabeth was screaming at me.

"Percy! Emposai! Help me! Stupid!"

"No Percy," Kelli panted. "She's going to hurt me, save me! I'm prettier than her!" Kelli pleaded. Her tongue flicked between her fangs.

Her fangs.

Oh

Her fangs.

I felt the blanketed peace feeling wash away. Everything was clear. My mind, my body no longer felt like it was melting away into Elysium, I no longer smelled the nauseating roses. Unfortunately, I smelled Gabe again...

Annabeth was rolling around the dirt with Kelli latched onto her back. I readied my sword.

"Please Percy, think!"  I stopped for a second. Annabeth obviously knew something I didn't. Or she wanted the kill.

"No don't!"

I shook my head. No way, she'll just get herself killed if i don't intervene. Riptide grew to is full length again. I took a slow step towards Kelli and Annabeth. I had to be careful.

Annabeths dagger somehow found its way between her lip. Sweat dripped off her face.

"Juth geh i obah wif." She mumbled through the metal. "I'm thick o heweh."