Coup De Main

I was slowly becoming accustomed to having Peter around. 

I heard the main door open as I was pouring myself a cup of coffee and Peter's scent signalled his arrival before he appeared in the kitchen. "Coffee?" I asked as he took a seat at the kitchen table behind me.

"Pancakes would be nice." Peter suggested, and I rolled my eyes.

"Then make them yourself," I said, but grabbed another mug to make him a coffee. Derek was still recovering from being sish kebabed by Alpha McTonails and was confined to his room (I'd had to threaten violence to finally get him to rest, and though he'd protested he was resting for once).

I'd just finished making Peter's coffee when my phone started ringing. "Who is it?" I asked Peter, who had already grabbed my phone from the table and was frowning at the caller I.D.

"Boyd?" He raised an eyebrow. "Is that other maladjusted Beta?" I wondered if psychopaths had a group chat or something, because Peter and Deucalion seemed to use the same insults. Maybe a drama queen group chat.

"Give me the damn phone," I snatched it from his hand before he could answer it and putting his coffee in front of him to keep him from protesting. "Boyd?" I asked when I answered the call. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Boyd answered cautiously. He didn't say anything else and I was about to ask why he'd called when he spoke again. "I... I've been thinking. A lot. About a lot of things." He stopped again and I frowned.

"Okay," I said slowly, not sure where this conversation was going considering what was said the last time we spoke. Peter was listening to every word and when I caught his eye he shrugged.

"I've been thinking about... about Erica, and what you said." Peter raised an eyebrow and I shook my head at him. "You were right. We left because we were cowards and it's not your fault that Erica died, it's mine." I opened my mouth to tell him that he wasn't at fault, that they'd been scared and not thinking clearly, but Peter clamped a hand over my mouth. "It's my fault and I want to fix it. I need to fix it."

Before I could bite down on Peter's hand he removed it and took the phone right out of my hand. "Hello Boyd, it's Ginger's uncle Peter." I tried to grab my phone but he simply side stepped. "If you want back in the game you need to come here and discuss strategy, capeesh?"

"What's the address?" Boyd asked without hesitation. Peter gave him the address, wished him a good afternoon, and hung up. He threw my phone back at me.

"What the hell, Peter?" I asked, catching the device and cradling it against my chest like a prized possession. Peter just rolled his eyes at me like I'd said something particularly stupid.

"He wants back in and we need all the help we can get." Peter said simply, sitting back down and taking a sip from his coffee, completely dismissing me. I wasn't sure if I liked that Peter said 'we' but decided not to push it. 

Like he said, we needed all the help we would get.

-x-x-x-

When Scott arrived at the loft at the agreed upon time he stopped short when he found Derek, Peter, Isaac, Boyd, and myself gathered around the desk, blueprints and papers scattered across the surface. "What is all this?" He asked, walking over to us and frowning at the mess.

"The blueprints for apartment building the Alphas are staying in," Derek said without looking up from the stack of papers in front of him. "Which happens to be the same building the Argents are living."