What Red Eyes You Have

Stiles picked me up in the blue jeep that had been repaired after the Alpha's attack, and when I climbed into the back seat I immediately held the piece of paper out to Derek. He took it and frowned down at the drawing.

"The pendant?" He asked as both he and Stiles turned around to look at me. I nodded.

"He's the one who gave that drawing to Laura," I told him, "She went to him to ask about a woman he'd met in a bar six years ago - a woman who asked him how to get away with arson. She was wearing that necklace."

Derek's eyes hardened as he came to the same conclusion I had. Stiles looked between us, confused. "What?" He asked, and was ignored. 

I figured now was as good a time as any to break more bad news to him. "Also, Jackson Whittemore knows Scott's a werewolf."

Derek grit his teeth. "I told Scott he couldn't play Lacrosse!" He snarled, and then turned his irritation on me. "How do you know about that?"

"I actually talk to Scott, call to check up on him and his wolfy shenanigans," I shrugged, "Plus, the list of people who know about werewolves is growing by the day. What's one more human?"

Derek didn't dignify that with a response, making a sound of irritation in the back of his throat before turning around to face the front again. "Drive." He told Stiles, who startled at the instruction and started the jeep obediently.

"Where are we going?" I wondered. Derek was still sulking so it was Stiles who answered.

"The hospital. We traced the text that Allison got from Scott that night at the school and it came from the hospital - specifically, his mom's account at the hospital."

Well, that sure was an unexpected twist.

"How the hell did you find that out?" I asked curiously, looking between the two in the front.

"Danny traced it for us," Stiles informed me, "He's on the Lacrosse team."

"The gay one that's friends with Jackson?" 

"The one and only." He looked at me in the rear-view mirror. "How do you -"

"Scott. Phone. Shenanigans."

We'd just pulled into the hospital parking lot when Stiles' phone buzzed. It took him a moment to distinguish the feeling, but Derek and I were quick to hear it. "Phone." I said from the backseat.

Stiles took a brief glance at the caller I.D. and answered. "Scott?"

"Did you get the picture?"

"Yeah, I did and it looks just like the drawing."

Derek yanked Stiles' phone - and his wrist - up to his mouth, because he didn't have to follow normal social protocols. "And you're sure it's Allison's?"

"Yeah," Scott sounded confused at the question, and Derek and I shared a look. We knew it would be, but it was nice to have confirmation. "Where are you? You're supposed to be here." I realized he was no longer talking to Derek. "You're first line!"
A voice in the background said, "Where the hell is Bilinski?"

"Bilinski?" I wondered aloud.

"Don't ask." Stiles muttered.

"Man, you're not going to play if you're not here to start."

"I know!" Stiles said, growing increasingly more agitated. "Look, if you see my dad can you tell him... tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little late, okay? Thanks."

The moment Stiles hung up Derek turned to him and said, "You're not going to make it."

"I know."