Chew Over

Bryle woke up early than the sunrise, which was quite odd for him. He rarely wakes up early, since he just goes to the publication house near lunch time, and besides he writes at home, which was a nice excuse.

He took a quick shower, wore his best suit consisting of a navy blue long sleeves and a black jeans.

"Black, or brown?" he questioned himself as picked his shoes, in the end he chose the brown one. As he wore them, he immediately took his brown sling bag, and left his house.

While he walking on the sidewalk, he suddenly thought of something that made him stop his tracks.

Why am I leaving now? He asked himself, knowing that it is just five in the morning. He looked up to the currently dim skies, sunrise, he answered his question.

***

"Where are you going at this type of hour?" David asked his daughter as he saw her near the entrance door wearing a decent dress beneath a jean-styled jacket.

"I'm going to the children's shelter," she answered. "I know it's still before lunch, but I want to read the book thoroughly before reading it for them."

"But it's still five," her father reasoned out to her.

Vienne cocked her head slightly, "that–" she said trying to find the right answer. "It's nice to read under the waking sun," she said and left right away, not waiting for her father's excuses. Whilst her father shook his head in amusement.

Vienne walked down their ranch pavements. Their ranch was about a kilometer far from a bus stop, far as it maybe it didn't bother her from walking. In that only way, she felt her beautiful surroundings.

While walking she thought of staying in the café for a while before leaving, since the sun's barely out. Upon pondering, she thought of her sunset yesterday, she suddenly remembered Bryle. It wasn't really her intention, but the idea of spending the sunrise with him made her heart leap a bit.

She shook her head with the thought. You have Eric, remember that, you have Eric, she chanted continuously. But her feet still led her to the same quiet café.

As she set foot on the café, she quickly went to the counter to buy herself a drink. She paid them and sat at her most favorable seat then opened the book she will be reading later.

Busy understanding the book's figures again, she didn't see the look he was giving her. The moment his eyes set foot on her brown curls, he gave himself a sly smile.

"May I seat here, again?" he said when he closed up to her seat. Like it was the usual, she didn't respond still. With that he coughed a little to get her attention.

Startled, she immediately put her book down. "Oh," was the first thing she said. It seemed seeing him made her stop from thinking. "Y-yes, you may," she answered stammering. Bryle just shrugged it off with a smile.

Silence filled the two. He peeked slightly at the book she was reading. "So you finally finished reading Tolkien's book, huh?" he said, trying to open up some topic.

"Ah, this?" Vienne started, "no, I haven't yet, I'm just reading this for later."

"Later?" he wondered. "For what?" he questioned her next.

She didn't answer to his question, instead she stared at the brightening sky. Bryle, seeing this reluctantly looked to the direction she was looking.

"Nostalgic," she answered instead, "isn't he?" She looked back as the sun woke up from his deep slumber. As she did it, she saw him already looking at her.

"Yeah," he briefly answered. He really didn't look, didn't mean the sun's brightness, it was Vienne's bright aura. Innocent and sweet.

After they watched the sunrise, silence conquered them again. She continued reading, while he just watch her. He smiled whenever she frowns–probably reading a confusing phrase,  he thought.

"Why?" she finally raised her queer looking head. "Why say such words?"

Brle saw her frustrated look and asked, "What did it say?"

Hearing him ask made her aware that she was indeed not alone in her seat; made her aware that she was, in fact, no longer in her own paradise. She looked at him, as if she was examining him. If he was worthy to listen to her very own complicated thoughts.

What if he is? A question in her mind, in which she knew already the answer.

She made up her mind and said, "What if a person, no, a special person was lone and weary, but instead of finding happiness, that person just drowns itself to bitterness of reality. What would you do?"

Bryle was shocked with her answer, or rather a question. The question seemed to be out of his league to answer, and so he remained silent for a while.

Disappointed. That was what Vienne felt when he didn't give his answer. They're all the same after all, she thought. She hid her frown by looking back to her book and read again. But this only made things harder, for the question she made, herself, still lingered in her mind.

"Well," Bryle finally spoke, "people–we all have our reasons." She raised her head fast and looked at him intently, searching for answers. "But, if I were to be on that place, I'll be bringing back that special person to the reality where happiness exists."

"And if they leave?" she added to her recently answered question.

"I'd be happy still," he answered with a smile. "Because that means it's either they're coming back," then his smile slowly faded away, "or not."

***
A/n:
So far my first record breaking update. LOL

I love Greenleaf,
Everything Beautiful