The Swift Encounter

At a shop sat a girl busy with the happenings inside Minas Tirith. Outside came a guy in a hurry, and only stops by for a cup of coffee and croissant. But not until he glanced at the bewildered girl near the window.

"May I seat?" he asked her. She was caught up with the Steward of Gondor and only glanced up as soon as she finished the recent chapter. Yet he sat immediately, and didn't wait for her response. "Tolkien, huh?" he thought out loud.

She raised her head, long excessive strands of her dark brown falling, as she heard him, "I'm sorry?" she questioned. "Why are you here?"

He looked at the fading blue sky to orange before answering."I believe in this seat you'll exactly see the sunset clearly," he looked back at her, "and it's very beautiful they say."

She smiled and stopped what she's reading. "Well, that is true," she said as she stared on the same place he did.

"It's starting," he said immediately as skies turned orange and the sun started disappearing. He finished his coffee right after the scenery.

"That was nice," she said and stood and carried the book with her.

"Yeah," he stood up bringing his empty coffee with him. "I'm Bryle, you are?"

With wide-eyes, she smilingly answerd, "Vienne." Right then, they both separated ways. Him, in a hurry. Her, in amazement.

***

Now as the sun went down Aragorn and Éomer and Imrahil drew near the City with their captains and knights; and when they came before the Gate Aragorn said:

"Behold the Sun setting in a great fire! It is a sign of the end and fall of many things, and a change in the tides of the world. But this City and realm has rested in the charge of the Stewards for many long years, and I fear that if I enter it unbidden, then doubt and debate may arise, which should not be while this war is fought. I will not enter in, nor make any claim, until it be seen whether we or Mordor shall prevail. Men shall pitch my tents upon the field, and here I will await the welcome of the Lord of the City."

But Éomer said: "Already you have raised the banner of the Kings and displayed the tokens of Elendil's House. Will you suffer these to be challenged?"

"No," said Aragorn. "But I deem the time unripe; and I have no mind for strife except with our Enemy and his servants."

And the Prince Imrahil said: "Your words, are wise, if one who is a kinsman of the Lord Denethor may counsel you in this matter. He is strong-willed and proud, but old; and his mood has been strange since his son was stricken down. Yet I would not have you remain like a beggar at the door."

"Not a beggar," said Aragorn. "Say a captain of the Rangers, who are unused to cities and houses of stone." And he commanded his banner should be furled; ans he did off the Star of the North Kingdom and gave it to the keeping of the sons of Elrond.

***
A/n:
I will be inserting some parts of the book that the main character is reading (e.i. The return of the king). This is no copyright, but I inserted it to bring realism to what the character(/s) is reading.

Currently fandoming,
Everything Beautiful