Eric Morgan

She and her father sat at their living room when they heard the bell ring. Anton quickly opened the door and greeted the visitors with a smile.

There were two visitors both men, but of the different age. The old wore the typical business man suit, just with out the ties, and is probably the same age as Vienne's father. The young one was of the same age as of Vienne, he wore a beige three-fourths sleeves which was perfect for his messy brown hair.

Vienne and her father stood from their seats. Her father immediately greeted the oldest of the visitors while she just tailed along. She only gave them a warm welcoming smile.

"Good evening, Mr. Morgan," he said and shook hands with him. "You must be Eric then?"

Eric nodded. "It's nice to finally meet you, Mr. Ward." He and Mr. Ward shook hands.

"So David," the oldest said, "this must be Vienne Sara?"

As if on cue, she moved closer to the men. She shook his hand, "it's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Morgan."

The old man shook his head. "No dear, you may call me Frank, I'm too old to be called 'Sir'"

Vienne smiled lightly, "of course." She looked at his side, but before she could even greet him also with a shake, he kissed the back of her palm instead. Shock was printed on her face, but just that only.

"Quite a gentleman I see," her father noticed.

"Eric Morgan," he introduced himself. "Vienne right?"

She smiled a bit, "I would prefer if you would rather call me Sara." In return he smiled, "oh, it's not that I don't want to–Sara just happened to be more shorter."

Eric chuckled at Vienne's reaction, "I understand, Sara." he said in emphasis, trying to make her laugh. But she just smiled.

"Well," David interrupted, "enough with the introduction let's head to the dinning room."

***

"How's the city?" David asked Frank while they were eating. David sat across Frank making the conversation entirely theirs. On his other side sat Vienne, her opposite was Eric. But unlike the elderly, they rarely talked and just ate quietly.

Frank swallowed his last slice of meat then answered. "Great, it's just the buggering of the media people, they never quit asking absurd questions."

Vienne raised her head slightly in interest to their topic. I wonder, she thought thinking everything she had read in broadsheets and books that is somehow related to their topic. Her mind landed to all the Political and Biographical she had read, but before she could skim, she heard Eric cough silently diverting her mind to him.

"I see," her father answered as he finished his food. "We better talk about more in my office, shall we?" Vienne jerked her head up to her father in surprise.

"Worry not, Sara," Frank laughingly assured, "my son will keep you in company," he said and looked at his son before moving to David's office.

As the elderly left, Vienne looked awkwardly to the waiting Eric. She smiled slightly to lighten up the mood.

"I guess," Eric started, "you'll be my tour guide for this night." Vienne laughed at his humor. "Finally, you laughed."

Registering what he said, she returned to her usual self. "I guess you are right."

Eric stood up his seat, and reached his hand to Vienne, which she took courteously. "Where to?" he asked her.

Vienne thought of the every corner of their land. She thought of going to their stables, but then it's already dark and he might get untidy when they go back.

"I know," she finally talked, "come."

***

"Why here?" Eric questioned as soon as they set foot on where she took him.

The wind came to them sending Vienne soft chills, but Eric felt frozen solid. "It's very peaceful here," she answered feeling the wind as if it was touching her.

Eric tried to ponder everything she felt, "yeah, it is," he answered. But she knew he couldn't. She wasn't expecting him to answer, or agree with her (at least), all she wanted is for him to feel what she felt; but he didn't.

"Maybe we should go back now," Vienne suggested and received a nod from him.

As they walked back to their manor, they immediately saw Mr. Frank Morgan bid goodbye with her father. Eric followed his father as he said goodbye to Vienne. She waved goodbye to the both of them as they left.

"So, how was Vienne?" Frank asked his son like he was begging for such important information.

Likewise he answered. "Peculiar, very peculiar."

***

A/n:
Longest update in this book so far.
Bonne Nuit Mes Chers ...

xoxo,
Everything Beautiful