Young and In Love

Young and in love

Lying on my belly on my bed with my feet crossed and in the air dancing to the music playing in the background I am doing my algebra homework. The way the teacher explained the problem to me didn’t make sense so I am looking at my friend Simon’s notes. He makes more sense than the teacher does. He knows how to break things down step by step.  Math has never been my strong class.

As I get frustrated with one of my problems a song playing on my radio ends and a better one comes on. It distracts me enough for me to look up and look at my radio on my dresser and in the reflection I see a little bundle of flowers on my window seal. My heart gets excited from knowing who they are from and what it means. I toss my pencil down on my book and it rolls to the middle of the book and gets trapped there.

After walking over to the window I pick the flowers up and smell the wonderful sent it has to offer. Tied to the bundle with a pale blue ribbon is a note that just says ‘always’ on it written with a sloppy male handwriting that I couldn’t mistake for anyone else’s but his.

I quietly walk to my bedroom door and open it just a crack to listen to see if there is anyone out there. I hear my uncle on the phone in the other room talking business so I shut and lock my door and slip out the window in hunt for the one who left me the flowers.

As I walk through the wooded area on the side of my house I pull the flowers to my nose for another sniff of the sweet scent and it takes my mind to him and only him.

The sun that was trapped behind the canopy of the full palm trees start its escape as I entered the clearing of the field over grown by the same flowers that are in my hand and starts to shine down on me, telling me I am getting closer to my destination. As I look across the clearing my heart starts to race with anticipation knowing my arms will be around him in a matter of seconds.

When I get there, there is no one to be seen and my heart sinks with a sadness I couldn’t possibly describe. From my new broken heart I am about to drop the flowers and that’s when I feel warm arms wrapping around me from behind holding me tight.

“Always” he whispers his breath hot in my ear sending blood rushing straight to my heart speeding it up.

When I turn around in his arms that’s when my brown eyes meets his blue eyes. My knees turn to ‘Jell-O’ but his grip hold me close to him. His name is begging to be released from my lips and I give in to them.

“Harper” I whisper breathlessly. I have known him my whole life and loved him just as long if not longer if that is possible and seeing him and having his arms around me always has the same breathless effect on me it did from day one.

“I was born to love you” he said while brushing a stray strand of hair off of my face. Then his warm lips met mine and his arms pulled me in even closer to him if that was possible.

When he broke the kiss he scooped me up in his arms lifting me off the ground. My arms wrap around his neck and my lips find his neck. He chuckles when I kiss him there and I could feel his neck vibrate and it sends cool chills through my body. I then start kissing his jaw line while he walks through the open field of flowers just off the shore of the ocean. The smell of the salty water matches the scent of his skin and a cool breeze blows making my long brown hair wrap around the both of us.

Harper gets to the spot he wants and lays me down on a blanket he had already laid out for us.

“Don’t start something you won’t finish Kitty Kat.” He says as he lays me down snuggling me closer to him.

“It’s not that I won’t it’s that I can’t. I want our first time to be perfect.” I say looking away.

“Hey” he says as his fingers find my chin and directs my eyes back to his. “Our first time will be perfect no matter when or where. It will be perfect because it will be with each other. And I don’t mind waiting. I will wait my whole life for you. You are the one I gave my heart to and I don’t ever want it back.” His lips then crashed down on mine and his hands, oh his strong loving hands found my body making me regret turning him down.