Dreams

Dreams

*

With my droid playing my favorite song by Linkin Park and my ear-buds in my ear to drown out the rest of the world, I start dancing around my bedroom like a fool. I grab my brush off of my school books that’s on my dresser and I start to sing along with Chester. I caught myself in the mirror and I started laughing. My long dark hair is wild and crazy but it looks good. I have my vintage Rolling stones rock t-shirt on that shows just the slightest of skin of my stomach. I also have my favorite torn jeans on that are tight around my thighs. My school books that are on my dresser caught my eye and the thought of having to do homework right now bummed me out but then another good song played and I couldn’t resist to continue to dance and sing.

My bed then becomes my stage as I jump on it and dance around and my reflection in the mirror becomes my audience. No one is home and I am alone so I am not shy about how loud I sing. I then close my eyes and really start to get into the song. I can’t help but think Chester has nothing on me.

I fall to my knees and when Chester gets angry in the song so do I and I start pounding my fist on the bed while I sing. When the song ends I am out of breath and my heart is out of control, I stand back up on my bed and I fall back landing on my pillow laughing.

After catching my breath I sit up knowing my homework wasn’t going to get done on its own, so I walk to my dresser to grab my books. The reflection of my window catches my eye. There is something on my window seal that I know I didn’t put there. I cautiously approach my window and open it up to retrieve the item.

It is a bundle of Roserush wildflowers tied neatly with a pale purple ribbon to match the color of flowers. I pick them up and breathe deeply the wonderful aroma the flowers have to offer. A note falls onto my floor that must have been with the flowers. I bend over and read the letter.

‘Always’

Is all that the note says and I knew right then who they’re from and what he wanted. My heart flutters just by thinking of him and his name is begging my lips to be free.

I close my eyes and press the flowers to my chest close to my heart and I slowly exhale with his name slipping out “Hhh-“

*

My alarm clock comes to fast and brings me back to reality. The smell of the flowers is still lingering in my nose and my heart is still all flutters. How do these dreams feel so real? I can start to smell the coffee brewing in my kitchen and the smell of the flowers fades away.

“Damn automatic coffee maker.” I say as I throw the blankets off of me. I reluctantly drag myself out of bed and jump in the shower to get ready for work.

I walked into work feeling sad and depressed. My mind was still in my dream. Just as I was about to say his name my alarm goes off. But that is how the story goes.

“Hello sunshine” Anna sounded a little too cheerful for me so I just nodded to her to say hello back.

I walked straight into Hunter’s room to relieve Leah the nurse that had the second shift. I was shocked to see that Hunter was still awake.

“You look so sad tonight” Leah said to me. She was sitting in a chair at the foot of Hunter’s bed. I walked to the chair that was at the side of the bed next to Hunter and put my things down on it and I put my coffee cup on the night stand next to his bed.

“I was rudely woken by my alarm clock.” I said in a depressed tone. Leah laughed at me and left the room.

I checked Hunter’s chart to see if there was any changes and there wasn’t. I then pick my book up off the chair and plopped down sadly.

Hunter rolled on his side to look at me and he gave me sad eyes like he was asking why my day was going bad.

“I was in the middle of a good dream and my alarm clock decided it was enough and woke me up” I pouted and Hunter’s eyes brightened and he laughed at me. “Always” I whispered as I stared at the ceiling.

I turned to look at Hunter and he was laying there starring at me and his eyes sparkled in the moon light. There was something about his eyes that were familiar to me. I just couldn’t place it.

“What?” I whispered. He just smiled and slowly shook his head never taking his eyes off of me. I turned my droid on, popped my ear-buds in and opened my book and began to read. Hunter fell asleep watching me.

“No don’t do this, please don’t do this” Hunter was shouting. I pulled my ear-buds out and made my way to his side.

“Hunter, wake up!” I shouted to him. “Open your eyes Hunter.” My hand went to the side of his face right away and my thumb was gently rubbing his cheek. He started to calm right away but he was still asleep.

“I miss you” he said bringing his hand up to mine. His voice was calm and loving and it sent my heart racing.

“Open your eyes.” I whispered. As he opened his eyes his face softened and his lips were begging mine to meet his. It took everything I had to deny them. “You were dreaming again”

He propped himself up on his elbow and put his hand on the back of my neck pulling my face closer to his. I couldn’t break away from his eyes. They were like magnets pulling me in. His lips were trembling as they moved closer to mine.

“Hunter” I started to whisper. But before I could say anything else his lips were on mine.

His wet tongue parted my lips and slowly entered my mouth. My eyes were still on his and I didn’t have the strength to stop him. His eyes, they were hypnotizing. I let out a small gasp and Hunter’s eyes rolled in the back of his head as he closed them and mine followed.

With his is mouth greedy and wanting more, he pulled me into him deepening the kiss. His hands were now holding both sides of my face and mine moved around his neck. Hunter let out a moan that was begging to be released. He started to lay back down pulling me with him.

“I can’t” I said breathless as I broke free from him. His lips were swollen and his eyes were heavy from the passion. As I put my hand on his chest to push free from him I could feel how fast his heart was beating. It matched the pace of mine, rapid and out of control. “I can’t do this, I’m sorry.” I said as I started getting up.

Hunter grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down on the bed with my back laying on his pillow. I tried to get up but he laid his head down on my lap. I couldn’t help but to run my hand threw his dark thick hair. It felt as silky as it looked. Hunter moved over pulling me with him to get me completely on the bed with him. I didn’t fight him, I couldn’t. When it came to him I was weak.

“It feels like I have known you my whole life.” I whispered as my fingers played with his hair. He put his arms around my legs and held them tight.