Chapter Thirteen>

Chapter Thirteen>

Throughout the last few months I had been doing the same as usual, have regular symptoms of being pregnant, go to doctor's appointments, and go to school having everyone stare at me in disgust. I was now more than half way done with this pregnancy, 5 months. That's roughly a little over 20 weeks. When I was asked if I wanted to know the gender of my children I opted out. If I really wanted to go through with this whole adoption idea I couldn't get attached. The one thing that had been on my mind a lot recently was Colton. I hadn't seen him let alone talk to him since I met his cousins that one time at his house. I would've texted him but I felt that would not go well. If he wants to be alone he can. 

It was a hot Saturday morning, I was awoken by the sunlight shining on my eyes and the soft kicks of my two children. It was crazy. It felt as if they were ready to just jump out, but no, 4 more months to go. I got up and did my regular routine. It was grocery day so I had to look decent. I put on a comfortable flowy dress and slipped on a pair of white high top converse. 

Okay that's a lie I totally took forever to put those converse on.

I brushed through my hair and decided that I looked presentable and began my walk to the old truck. My stomach was obviously noticeable and I looked like I was smuggling a watermelon everywhere I went. I drove down to the grocery store and pulled out my list of items that I needed to find in a timely matter. Who am I kidding I went to the store hungry, I was about to buy the whole store. I strolled through the aisles and as I passed the window I saw a familiar figure wearing a leather jacket across the street at the Baskin Robbins. I squinted and saw that my guess was right. Colton. He was sitting there eating ice cream with a tiny girl on his lap. She was not younger, but she was definitely on the shorter side. A small asian girl from the looks of it. 

Being pregnant was very helpful because I could easily blame my anger on that. I was furious. I walked away looking for more food as I mumbled to myself, 

"Why an asian girl? Ohhh she must think she's so cute with her button nose and her rosy cheeks..." I mumbled on, completely forgetting that I, myself, was indeed half asian. As I mumbled I continuously added more and more food into my cart until it filled to the rim. I decided the dent I was going to make in my wallet was big enough and headed for the check out. 

As soon as I finished paying I dumped my bags in the car and quickly walked over to Baskin Robbins. I didn't want to straight up go to him but I at least wanted him to know that I was there. I got myself strawberry ice cream and began strutting passed him, pretending I didn't know that he was there. I looked behind me and he was obviously staring at me but made no effort to come up to me. So I just pretended to wave at someone behind him and shout out a random name so he thought I wasn't looking at him, 

"Hey Dave!" I waved and then turned around and went into my car. Before I left I saw him feeding her ice cream and laughing as if he didn't see the woman carrying his two children in front of him. I drove off in desperate need of someone to talk to. So I did what I knew was best, talk to my parents. I drove over to their graves and set a blanket in between them with a few snacks and a flower I picked up while walking over there. 

"Hey mom, dad. It's been a while hasn't it? I'm sorry I haven't visited in a while, I've been a little busy." I said as I rubbed my belly. "See there's this boy, I'm very conflicted about him. I know he's just trouble, I know he'll never do anything to help me, and I know in the end, if I fall too deep, I'll just get hurt. So why can't I just not have anything to do with him? I'm trying my hardest to not fall in his trap but it's so hard when he plays the nice guy so well. Also the fact that I am carrying his children. I honestly think I would be better off not knowing him at all. If I talk to him anymore I might fall in, I do not want to fall in. I guess I'm glad he's not talking to me. I'm going to be stubborn and I'm going to do this on my own, the last thing I want is his help. I should get going before it gets dark, I love you guys." I said as I kissed my hand and placed it on each of their graves. 

As I got up from where I was sitting, I picked up my blanket and turned around. I was frightened by a tall figure standing next to me. He embraced me with his warm arms and began caressing my hair. 

I looked up and saw Colton there staring at me with his soft eyes looking so incredibly apologetic. 

"I'm sorry." He said. 

"For what?" I asked back.

"For scaring you, for making you feel like I didn't care, for making you think that falling into my so called 'trap' is a bad thing." He said softly. 

"You heard all that? Well you weren't really supposed to . . . " I quietly said.

"Kameron, I'm so sorry." 

"No its okay you don't need to apologize, a simple explanation would be fine and then we can go off and pretend like we don't know each other again." I smiled simply 

He frowned, obviously seeing the pain it my eyes, "I'm sorry, I don't really know why I've been so distant, I just think it is because of the whole adoption thing that's getting to me. I know it's not my place to say at all, but if I'm being completely honest with you, Kameron I think I've become attached to these two, more than you could imagine. I don't want to just let them go. I know you want the best for them and I know you think that we're just not mature enough but I think I'm capable of giving them the home they deserve. My parents took me in and I love them, I want to be able to take our children in as well. Kameron, if you're willing to give them up, give them to me." He blurted out, I saw the relief of letting all of that out i his expressions. 

I stood there, dumbfounded, looking into his soft, genuine eyes with no capability of developing words to say to his bold statement, "Y-You want to keep them?" 

"More than anything, yes. I want to be able to love them like my parents love me. I know I can give them what they deserve, and if you saw from my whole family, I believe I am truly capable of taking care of them." He looked at me hopelessly, "Please Kam, I want to do this. If you don't want to be a part of this that's fine, but if you do, you don't have to worry about anything, I know you'll be an amazing mother." 

I squinted, "So the bad boy has a soft spot for babies huh? Who knew,  hot shot 'Colton Blake' would ever care about someone other than himself." I smirked.

He grinned, "So is that a yes?"

I thought for a moment, "A definite maybe at best." 

He smiled and hugged me harder, "Thank you so much."

Authors Note: 

Yes I know it's been forever and I'm so sorry. I had a lot of things on my plate and when I had free time I found myself not writing for some reason. Or no, I was more journaling than creating stories. My life kind of got somewhat eventful . . . Anyways, I'm getting back into it so don't fret, I'll be back! By the way I changed my name ;) I love all of you so much! Thank you for always sticking with me!!!