New Plans: Chapter Twelve

Beth's POV

I got a new plan. Matt would be in the forest looking for me so if I went back to the house I could grab my bunny, of course and the keys to the car and drive away...

I decided on going through with the plan. I made a little curve in my path so I wouldn't run into Matt on my way. I got out of the forest and went for the house.

Once I got there I went upstairs and grabbed the bunny and some food. Then I went downstairs and grabbed some of my food quick and grabbed the keys.

I ran out the door and jumped into the vehicle, locking it. I put the bunny on the passenger floorboard and put our food in the back. I started the car ready for freedom.

Matt came running up to the car when I started it.

"Baby, just let me explain." He said.

I ignored him and pulled out of the driveway.

"Please baby, it isn't safe!" He said as I sped away hoping a cop would stop me.

I was driving and found we were in Illinois. Wow. I have to drive to Iowa.

Thankfully I found a GPS on the floorboard of the passenger seat. Pulling over to the side of the road, I plugged it in and set it to go to my home.

"Turn right in 20 miles." Said the GPS.

"Thank you."I said just glad to hear a different voice than Matt's.

Welcome to Iowa! I love seeing that sign.

I stopped to grab some food at a Wendy's and ordered a frosty... Hey I worked hard for this plus I found money in the console.

I paid and got back to the car checking on Rain.

"Hi Rain, we are almost home." I said to Rain.

"." Said Rain with an adorable face.

I drove out of the parking lot and headed straight home now. I was an hour away from my home after driving a while.

I went to pass a white pickup... I looked over fast and found some old guy driving. You don't know how happy I was to find some random old guy driving instead of May or Andrew.

I entered the city where Jane and my mother are. I started crying but held it back so I could see.

Arriving in the driveway, I looked around for Matt. I didn't see Matt anywhere so I ran to the door and opened it finding Jane crying on the couch.

"Jane?!?!" I said crying some happy tears.

"Sissy!" Jane said. I loved hearing her voice.

"Mom?!?!?!?" I called for her..

"Beth?..." My mother said so confused.

"Yes mom, I missed you two so much." I said.

I hugged them for at least 3 minutes then remembered Rain. It was fall so it wasn't too hot.

"I'll be right back." I said as my mother watched me grab Rain.

I walked back into the house with Rain and some rabbit food.

"Jane?" I said wanting to see her beautiful smile.

"Yes?" She said. Then she saw the bunny and smiled at me.

"This is Rain. I named her that from her beautiful blue eyes like yours." I said smiling at her smile.

"She is so cute!" Jane said.

I just smiled so happy to be with Jane and my mother.

"I am going to have some police come over to interview you soon." My mother said.