From the Brightest to the Darkest Place

THIS IS A COMPLETE MESS BUT HERE YOU GO. 
Hey kid, I heard from someone (me) that votes and comments are v encouraging.
Spot the clich
é atl reference in the chapter, yo.

-

Jack

I was kind of a mess when the week ended. It started on Friday, I was staying at Alex's house for the night, and it was around eleven at night. His parents had gone out to visit his brother and his girlfriend, Jenna, who had finally moved into his apartment. 

Soft music filled the room as we messed around, sharing kisses and joking around. It was nice and calm, there was no pressure. No one was home, so Alex seemed to be a lot more comfortable than he would be if his parents were downstairs. I suppose I couldn't blame him, though. It was always a little bit strange when you're making out with your bestfriend while their family is home. 

"When do your parents come back?" I asked Alex, brushing some hair out of his eyes. 

"Tomorrow afternoon, I think," he said, thick eyebrows furrowing in thought. 

"Hm, that's good," I grinned, pecking his lips. 

"Woah, I hope your mind isn't in the gutter," Alex said, making a tsk sound. 

"Shut up, idiot," I laughed, playfully pushing his side. He gave me a little shove back, smiling nonetheless. 

I think my favourite times were when he seemed so carefree. It was like he was without a worry in moments like this, and it rubbed off on me. Nothing else mattered to me when we were so close. I'd never felt that way about anyone- no feeling could compare to it. 

Alex kissed me again, this time a little more urgently. I responded quickly, letting it deepen and slipping a hand under his shirt, running my hand over the soft skin of his back. My hand continued trailing down his back, eventually resting on his ass. And then my phone started buzzing.

"Ugh," I groaned, hoping it'd stop. However, when it did stop, it started again. And again. And again. 

"Answer your phone, you loser," Alex mumbled, pulling away. I rolled my eyes at him playfully but complied, searching around the bed until I felt my fingers knock it. 

"Wow, six missed calls from Tay," I raised my eyebrows, showing Alex the screen. He pouted, annoyed that we'd been interrupted- I felt exactly the same way.

"Call her back," he replied, grumbling while attempting to flatten his messy hair. Before I could even unlock my phone, it started buzzing in my hand.

"Tay?" I answered. I put it on speaker, resting it on the bed between the both of us.

"Jack!" She answered, drawing out the "a" in my name.

"Everything okay?" I questioned. I could hear faint music in the background, so she definitely wasn't just hanging out at home.

"It's all good. Everything is good." okay, she was most definitely drunk.

"Okay... Well, that's good, but I'm kind of busy, bud," I said, looking up at Alex. He had a smile on his face, humoured by the conversation playing out.

"Hey... Hey, Jack?"

"Yes, Tay?"

"I need to tell you a secret, okay?" she had suddenly become quiet, so much so that I could barely hear her over the background music.

"Tay, speak up. Where are you?" I doubted whatever secret she wanted to tell me was one sober Tay would want me to know.

"I miss you, Jack," she spoke. I knew what she meant, but I decided I'd rather not go there.