Moon Eater Chapter 3: The Hammer Man!

Chapter 3: The Hammer Man!

November 25, 2050 - 3 months after the race started.

We are already at the half of Montyplae. We are looking forward to reaching the Pier so we can travel the sea. Our party is made up of 6 members but the max members are 7. We don’t really need one this time but we can really use a blacksmith. Every one of us is averaging from levels 35-45 with me being the strongest. We travel and hunt monsters 8 hours a day and that has been our daily routine. We also encountered monster which I think was a boss named “Toromaru” that resembles a bull.

“3 tiring months of what I can call adventure is fun and I wanted to rest on the next town since it’s near the Pier.” Luis said with an exhausted stance.

He gave a good thought because we don’t really rest much during our travel. I myself also thought of rest but if I see Angela’s face, I feel refreshed. I think I really need to say my feelings for her right now but I just can’t.

“Hey yo adventurers!” a greeting came from an unknown man.

I stood at the front and said: “What do you need? State your name!”

“Hey hotshot! Don’t be so bad! I’m looking for a party and I saw yours. Can I join? By the way, my name is Byron and I am the “Hammer Man”!” he answered boastfully.

“I think we don’t need a man right now because we…” Daryl said but Luis managed to speak right before he finished his sentence.

“Hammer Man? Are you a capable of fighting right now?” Luis challenged Byron.

“I’m forever ready for fights! Come take me on and get your ass kicked!” Byron shouted.

The two dashed to each other looking to give each other a killing blow. Luis used an axe-skill called [Slicer] while Byron used a hammer skill named [Basher]. I managed to get between them and block both their attacks using my skill [Defend]. Luckily, I haven’t died.

“Calm down you two! You almost killed me!” I shouted to both of them.

The two quickly dashed away from me. Angela healed me for my lost HP. I felt it’s an awesome thing to be healed by her.

“Sorry kid! I was carried away.” Byron apologized to me.

“Forgive me Kiroro. I just don’t like the way he approached us.” Luis also apologized.

The collision with the two of them made me a little bit dizzy. Angela helped me to be back at my normal senses.

“So your name is Kiroro huh? As I can see, you are a Gauntlet Tank. Wait… I have a set of gauntlets right for a level 45. I’ll give this to you as a gift of apology.” Byron offered.

I accepted his offer and found out that it’s already upgraded. I unequipped both of my [Rock Gauntlet] and equipped the two [Salamander Gauntlet +5] Byron gave me. Then I realized Byron is a blacksmith, the one we are looking for.

“Byron, are you a blacksmith? If yes you can join our party.” I offered to Byron.

“Yes I am a blacksmith and it’s my pleasure to join your team.” Byron replied.

“Why did you pick that…” Luis said but he was pulled by Reena.

Our party is now complete with Byron joining us. We moved forward to Gisea, the city at the Pier. Luis quickly found us an inn to rest for a whole day. I called Byron out just to talk about what happened between Luis and him.

“Sorry about what happened between you and Luis. He is short-tempered so please bear with him.” I said to Byron.

“That’s nothing. He’s really good for a kid. I am already 25 so I should’ve not done that thing with a teenager.” He replied.

He walked back to his room and I stayed at the balcony looking at the stars. Even there is no moon, the night still shine bright. Angela tapped my back and she also stood on the balcony with me.

“I don’t know that you have such heart in you to stand between two people and stop them.” Angela teased me.

“I just did what I have to do. One of them could’ve died in that and if it’s Luis, we need to go back to the last town we’re at.” I replied.

I sat down a chair and I just fell asleep. I don’t know what happened anymore. All I can think of is going back to my normal life.