CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE LUKE

I wrapped a towel around my waist, turning the head of the shower away from me as the last of the water washed away down the drain. The shower room was hot and steamy, the mirrors cloudy with steam and specks of water. Walking into the bedroom, I dropped the towel on the floor, the thick wool pooling at my feet. Pulling on a pair of loose fitting shorts and a jumper, I ruffled the towel through my hair before padding down the stairs to the kitchen.

Violet was sitting on a barstool, her back to me, munching on a piece of toast thick with peanut butter. Her hair was swept behind her shoulders, her back arched as she hunched over the counter aimlessly scrolling through her phone.

"Are they still not back?" My voice caused her so sit up instantly, using the stool to spin around and face me.

She shook her head, "Nope. Tyler said they'll be running late because the shops are really busy so I'm not sure."

I stuffed the towel into the washing machine, closing the door with the back of my calf as I stood and watched her. This was wrong, I thought, I shouldn't be checking out my sons girlfriend. This wasn't right at all.

"Tell me about yourself, Violet." I walked over and took a seat next to her as she looked up with wide, innocent eyes.

"Well, I'm trying to graduate from university with a literature degree. I mentioned it yesterday," She pushed the plate away from her, "I want to go into journalism because I have a passion for writing. Tyler thinks it's geeky, but honestly? I find it my strong point. Like I can express my feelings and my emotions using words. Things that I cannot force myself to say can be said through the use of language - and I think that's beautiful."

Her eyes shone, her lips turned into a small smile and I felt my stomach twist into knots. No, I didn't have feelings for her. But I had something there for her, even if we did only meet yesterday. She was a mystery, she was something I'd like to explore and find out about. This didn't mean that I wanted to have sex with her; no this meant that I wanted to get to know her more, get to know how she works and how she lives life.

"My sister, she wants to be an author, something that I once wanted to be. But stories and such are things that need to be inspired by and things that are wanted in the specific genre you want to pursue a career in - writing for a magazine or a newspaper, or even a website, requires just you and your thoughts."

I hummed along in all the appropriate places, nodding occasionally so she knew I was listening. Her eyes shone, her mouth pulled into a small smirk. I could tell that she loves speaking about her future plans, but it almost felt like she didn't get to speak about it often, which was a shame.

Admiration shone through my face as she rambled on and on about her future plans and what she wishes to do with life. She was the complete opposite to Tyler. Tyler just went where the wind took him, just let life fall into place for him and if it went wrong he just went with the flow. Something I used to do before I met his mom.

//
this was a short filler chapter so sorry if you find this a lil' boring (":