Maybe sometimes, we feel afraid, but it's alright

Picture included is just for you to get an idea of how Jess and Ashton were at the beach (just with bathing suits on); you’ll understand when you get to that part. :)

Don't you let those other boys fool you…

Maybe sometimes, we feel afraid, but it's alright
The more you stay the same, the more they seem to change.
Don't you think it's strange?

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favorite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.

'Twas more than I could take, pity for pity's sake
Some nights kept me awake, I thought that I was stronger
When you gonna realise, that you don't even have to try any longer?
Do what you want to.”

  -‘Girl Put Your Records On’- Corinne Bailey Rae

My hat was swiftly removed from my head. Large, rough hands grasped my sides, lifting me to him. My eyes shot open before squinting, momentarily blinded by the light.

“Ashton!” I shouted with a single laugh, louder than I intended. A grunt escaped my lips when I was hefted over his shoulder, that laugh that I was growing fond of escaped his as he began walking.

As much as I didn’t want to, being scared of falling, I leaned forward the slightest bit more so that I could rap my arms around his torso. I looked up seeing Michael and his happy ass still sitting under our umbrella, he was leaning forward, my camera up to his eye, snapping away. Mind you we were getting farther and farther away from him.

“Oh my God, Ashton, do not drop me, I swear-” I let out a small scream when he let his light grip on me falter as he moved his body, making me feel like I was going to fall. My recently applied tanning oil was not helping matters either.

I clung to his torso. Hmmm… more muscular than expected… well at least this wasn’t that terrible. He regained his posture again as his massive hands tightly gripped the back of my thighs, which immediately snapped me out of my thoughts, causing me to jump. My face became hot at his sudden, random gesture.

With mock hurt he replied, “Why I would never,” I could hear the smartass tone laced in his voice. He gently squeezed his hands on my sort of upper-thigh-area once. Needless to say my face instantly became red, yet again. My eyes grew wide before I lifted myself away from him a bit to slap him across his lower back. The only answer I got was a chuckle.

I took a moment to realize the sound of the waves hitting the beach was getting closer. Oh fuck. I was also just realizing Luke and Calum were following suit next to us, both carrying Emma. Was I really that absorbed in my own happenings that I hadn’t even heard Em scream? Opps.

The water was now lapping over Ashton’s feet as he walked farther. I pushed myself upright with my hands on his shoulders, and he let me down the slightest bit, with his hands now holding onto my waist. My stomach pressed against his chest. My eyes finally connected with his, a huge smile played on his face.

The water was up to my knees now. I went to smirk back at him when I felt him pushing me backward. My eyes grew wide in reaction, and I grasped at his arms trying to take him with me.

My fingertips grazed his biceps, grasped at his forearms, “Oh my- you son of-” I rushed out before going under, though I was still successful in tipping his balance because I heard him plunge next to me milliseconds later.