Carry Me Home(2)

Connor:

I Hid behind a car as bombs went off everywhere. My heart pumped quickly as the fear kicked in. I could barely see anything cause of the smoke that was in the air. Im going to die. There’s no way in bloody hell I was going to survive.

My eyes closed for a second. I took in deep breathes, I needed to calm down. If I kept thinking like this then yes I was going to get shot and I was going to die! I wanted to be home. I wanted Rayne. A small smile forms on my face as Rayne image popped in my mind. I promised her I’m coming home alive and that’s what I’m going to do.

***

Jennah grabs onto me as I fought my way out the door. “Rayne just hear us out,” She begged me. I stare at her, sighing softly. “Fine,” I whispered, rolling my eyes at her.

Jennah glances at Roger who was leaning by the stairs. He rolls his eyes at us, he walks behind me slamming the door. I groan in frustration. This was useless, they weren’t going to let me leave I knew it.

“I’m leaving. No matter what you tell me wont change my mind,” I mumbled crossing my arms against my chest. The door opens stepping inside was my older brother Nick. My heart drops as he smiles at me. I hadn’t seen him in years. He had sign up for the marines and the last time I saw him was maybe junior year.

He hugs me tight. “What are you doing?” He whispered in my ear. I glance up at him. “You’re here? Your back,” I chocked out. He nodded.

“Roger called me telling me what was going on. I‘m sorry Rayne,” He said, sincerely.

I sighed. “Me too,” I whispered. Nick hugs me tight buring his face in my shoulder. I missed him so much. Nick, could be the only one who could keep me in my place. The one who could make all the negative thoughts and feelings disappear.

He cups my face with his warm hands. “It’s hard baby girl. I know it is. But what are you doing?” He questioned me.

“I’m going to go get my love of my life,” I responded ,firmly. He chuckles softly. “Rayne, you wont survive in war not even a day,” He says.

He was right. I wouldn’t. But no one in this family had little faith in me. Something I needed badly. They all wanted me to finish tumbling down but I was done waiting here. Nick squeezes my face causing me to glance at him.

“Connor wouldn’t want you to after him Rayne,” He reassured me. My eyes began to water. Why? Why God? Why did you give me a husband that only thought about me before himself! Why!

“I don’t want to loose him Nick. I don’t want him to die,” I broke down in tears. Nick sooths me.

“Hey, look at me,” He commanded. I looked at him sadly. “His going to be okay. I’ll make sure of that. When I go back to base I’ll go into the section he’s in,” He promised me.

“What if he dies before you get to him?” I asked him. Nick sighs. He knew he wouldn’t win with me, I either kept giving him questions until I felt reassured or he would just give me what I want.

“I cant bring you Connor. I don’t have that power,” He said as if he had just read my mind.

I frown. “Then what do I do?” I asked them.

“Keep living your life,” He said.

Without Connor? He wanted me to keep living life without my husband? That was impossible. Life couldn’t go on without him! I knew it couldn’t! He might as well throw me into a asylum because I was going to g crazy without him.