Carry Me Home

The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age. ~John Dryden

Prologue:

Connor stared at me with solemnly eyes. I wasn’t sure how I was going to go through this. One minute we were getting married and the next moment he was leaving. It wasn’t right at all. Softly, I sighed while digging my face into his chest.

“I don’t want you to go,” I whispered, struggling to fight back the tears. Softly, I could hear him sigh. I knew this wasn’t easy for him either, only we had no choice. The country needed men and he was on the list.

“I’ll be back before you know it,” he responded while kissing my head.

I glanced up at him while Connor smiled softly, and he began kissing my nose using his soft lips, “You still act like the dorky girl I met in middle school,” he chuckled.

Connor and I had met during middle school. I remembered how his hair was always dirty blond and tangled. At school, during lunch he would literally devour me with his ocean blue eyes. I truly hated him until sophomore year because Connor became my everything.

“Your still the blue eye monster who can't keep devouring me with his eyes,” I smirked at him as he chuckled again. You could hear that he was forcing himself to laugh because deep inside that hero of mine was breaking apart.

It had only been a week since we been married. When we had just got back from our honeymoon, was when we received the letter. I could remember that day as if it was yesterday.

 ***

I stood close to the door while glancing at Connor as he read over a letter. Afterwards Connor lifted his glance from the paper and stared at me. By his worried expression, I could tell something was wrong only I wasn’t sure what. He walked up to me and cupped my face with his warm hands.

“Rayne, promise me you wont freak out,” he whispered, while his blue eyes were staring at me. Immidently, I nodded.

He handed me the letter and I begin to read it over quickly.

Dear Connor Crawford,

Your presence is needed at the military base. You will be transported to a military base where you will be trained, then later you will be set off to war. Your time with us isn't precised. Your plane will depart on Saturday evening at exactly midnight.

 U.S.A. Army.

 My eyes began to water This couldn't be happening. They had millions of other guys out there to fight. Why couldn’t they send someone else? Why did it have to be him?

Connor wiped my tears using his thumb, “Hey princess don’t get sad okay? Everything will turn out okay. You’ll see,” he whispered.

 I bit the inside of my cheek struggling to explain to myself how I was suppose to live without him.

 ***

Connor touched my face with the back of his hand, “You know I love you right?” he questioned me.

I gazed up and nodded, “I know,” my voice cracked.

I found myself jumping out of the bed, rushing out the room. No longer could I stand being in there. The unbearable tension was killing me.

I sat beside the staircase crying my eyes out. Connor sat beside me and stared into thin space thinking about who knows what. “We have gone through thick and thin together, so we can get through this as well,” he spoke out.

 “I don’t want to loose you! I don’t want to become a widow at nineteen!” I screamed from the top of my lungs.

Connor flinched, “Your not! Really, you need to stop thinking like that!” he screamed loudly at me.

How was I supposed to think? My husband, my best friend, he was leaving to attend the army. To fight a war that wasn’t even ours. I was going to loose him before I had a chance to have him.

“I just don’t want to loose you,” I chocked out.

 Connor wrapped his hands around his waist, while burring his face within my shoulder.

 ***

 Connor:

 Neither of us were taking this seperation easy. I didn’t want to leave Rayne alone only I had no choice. It was something I had to do. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen during my future or if I was even going to survive. All that mattered now is that Rayne has everything she needs.

Rayne is my everything ever since I saw her during middle school. I wasn’t sure if it was her amazing personality that won me or her amazing green-hazel eyes. She was everything I ever wanted in a girl.

Rayne kissed me softly. Our lips remained in contact for a extensive, lasting moment. She was trying to cherish this instant, as much as possible. Bringing her closer, I deepened the kiss. Eventually, as our lips moved in sync, somehow we ended back in our bedroom.

***

Rayne:

I stared at him with my watery eyes. Already, Connor was wearing his army suit ready to leave. The day I had dreaded had finally came. I throwed myself towards him while burring my face in his shoulder.

“I’ll miss you,” I whispered, dropping a few tears on his uniform.

He stared at me, slamming his lips onto mine. I tried my best to keep him close, only it was no use since he departed from me.

 “Finish college Rayne! Don’t stay home all day! Take care of yourself!” He commanded to me, as I heard his voice cracking a little. I nodded. My bottom lip was trembling heavily.

Finally before leaving, he mentioned three conclusive words, “I love you,”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my new story hope you like it:) Tell me what you think:D

Comment.

Vote.

Fan:D