Life in Chains

thank you to my new fans and all the people who have commented on my story!

-----/////-----\\\\\-----

Chapter 22

Kelly's POV

I was in a small, circular room with the rest of the scouting group. All seven of us were tied tightly to chairs around the room. Joyce and her mistress entered the room with a man who obviously was not one of the masters of the slave house. He was dressed in a black button-down shirt and black cargo shorts. His penetrating gaze landed on me and I gulped. He was so serious looking, it was scary.

He walked over to me and looked me straight in the eyes. I quickly looked down at my lap.

"I want her." said the man in a very deep voice.

I looked over at Sam and he looked over at me. Was this the last time we would see each other? I wanted to spend time with him. I could tell in his eyes he wanted the same thing.

The man saw me looking at Sam and stood in between us, blocking our gaze across the room. He turned to Sam and I couldn't see what was happening between them.

"I want him too." said the man. Despite the circumstances, I could have screamed in joy.

I felt bad for leaving Amanda, Britney, Molly, and the two other boys, but I didn't know what horrors would face me with this new man. But I had Sam. I could get through this.

The man unbound us from our chairs and grabbed our upper arms roughly.

"Don't get any ideas." the man spat.

He dragged us to his white van and shoved us in the back. Sam and I tumbled to the ground as he shut the door, closing us in the darkness.

He got in the front and began driving. Sam and I were thrown about the van.

After what felt like forever, the man stopped the van, grabbed us, and pulled us out and onto the street in front of a hotel.

I knew this hotel. It was only a few blocks down from the alleyway where my family lived. My family...

"Walk into the hotel and don't make a scene or this will all end badly for you two." the man growled in my ear. I gulped and began to walk into the hotel. It was so nice inside. There were actual rugs and chairs, two things I have never had. We walked up to the check-in desk and the man got us a big room on the top floor.

When we arrived at our room and opened the door, I saw the two, soft-looking queen sized beds and I immediately wanted to lay on one and never get up again. I ripped my upper arm out of the man's grasp and flung myself on a bed. I sank down into the squishiness and felt as if I had died and gone to heaven.

The man pulled me roughly to my feet. "Stand in front of me, both of you." Sam and I did what we were told.

Immediately the man's fierce scowl softened. "I am so sorry you two had to spend time in that slave house. I bought you two so that I could set you free from whatever horrors you had to face. You are both free to go wherever you please now, you have your freedom. If you need anything at all to help you, just let me know."

Sam and I looked at each other in disbelief. We were free from all the pain and torture? After so long, I had never thought this day would come.

"Thank you." I mumbled, tears in my eyes. Sam wrapped his arms around my waist and let me cry my tears of joy on his shoulder.

"I'm going to go get some food for us so don't wander too far but you can go wherever you want." the man said.

"Thank you. I want to go visit my family. They live a few blocks away." I said, looking forward to finally seeing my family again. Sam and I walked out of the hotel building and down the street holding hands. My heart began to beat frantically at the thought of seeing my family again. Would they be happy to see me again? Or would they be angry because it was another mouth they had to somehow feed? I didn't know.

The last few feet I ran towards the alleyway, envisioning a happy reunion with my family, but what I saw instead stopped me dead in my tracks.

-----/////-----\\\\\-----

sorry for the cliffhanger readers! I would tell you what will happen but...spoilers! How many of you are Doctor Who fans?