Chapter 16: Please don't die...

Chapter 16

-Katniss-

Everyone just sits there and stares at us.

Cassidy is the first one to open her mouth.

"So you're going to have a baby?" She asks.

"What do you think? That's what they just said", Finn snaps at her. "Open your ears and listen, why don't you?!"

I really don't know what's with them, they were best of friends just a few months ago.

I smile at Cassidy. She's just too cute.

"Yes, yes we will have a baby", I say.

Then the others wakes up.

"Awesome Catnip", Gale cheers happily as he applauds his hands.

Okay, gotta say, Gale's enthusiasm makes me a little scared. But it's entertaining in some way.

Everyone immediatley starts to congratulate us, but I notice one person who isn't. And that person is Haymitch. In fact he's not even sitting at the table anymore. He has gone into the living room and is sitting on the sofa.

I sneak out of the dining room and sits on the sofa next to Haymitch.

"Hey", I say.

"Hi sweetheart", he says without looking at me.

"Is something wrong Haymitch?" I ask. "You're acting a little strange".

"No, nothing's wrong Katniss", he says.

Katniss? He usually never calls me by my name. Now I know that something is wrong.

"Haymitch don't you want us to have a baby?" I ask.

Haymitch look at me.

"Don't be silly, of course I do", he says.

"What is it than?" I ask stubbornly.

"I was just thinking", he says a bit absent.

"About what?" I asy.

"About my..." he begins but he just falls to the floor.

I see how he touches his heart and I understand that he's having a heart attack.

"Haymitch!" I scream and throw myself on the floor beside him.

He's not awnsering but I can see at his face that he's hurting really bad.

"PEETA, PEETA", I roar. "PEETA COME HERE FAST, PEETA"!"

A second later Peeta runs in, closely followed by everyone else.

"Katniss what happened?" Peeta asks and comes to us.

"Haymitch is having a heart attack Peeta, he must be brought to the hospital, Peeta quick, he can die, Peeta hurry", I say desperately while the tears flowing.

Peeta, Gale and Pollux carries Haymitch and hurries out the door.

Hospitals were built in all the Districts after the rebellion, and it's quite near to everyone who lives in the district, so it doesn't take long to get there if you're running, which we are.

When we come to the hospital the staff sees us right away, a little hard not to, given we're a pretty big group that makes a lot of noise. They come running towards us.

They fix a strecher and the guys puts Haymitch on it, they start to roll away with him.

"No! Haymitch!" I scream and is about to run after them. "You can't die! You can't leave me! You can't leave us!"