Chapter 1

Knowing that today was the first day of senior year, I sat up and swung my legs over the side of my bed. I then sleepily made my way to the bathroom to get ready. After my usual morning routine of using the restroom, brushing my hair then my teeth, and picking up my clothes, I walked down the stairs.

As I waited for my boyfriend to pick me up, I double checked that I had everything I needed. At 7:15 I got a text.

Waiting

Then I replied,
Don't be such a grumpy pants :)

I said goodbye to my mom before greeting Jake in his car. The beginning of the drive was silent and a little awkward because we haven't seen each other in two weeks since he went on vacation.

I asked him how his vacation was. He responded, "Fine."

As Jake pulled into his usual spot in the school's parking lot, I grab his hand and we intertwined out fingers. I greeted some of my friends as Jake and I walked through the school doors.

Everyone was glancing at Glen View High's favorite couple. The star soccer player for boys varsity and the school's first girl to become ASB President and the captain of the girls' varsity soccer team.

I began walking to my first period after the bell rang and I said goodbye to my boyfriend.

I was happy to see that my best friend, Daniel, was in the same class as me. He asked how my summer went as I sat down beside him.

"This summer was amazing! I had so much fun with my family. I just wish you didn't have go to Europe all summer. Especially without me," I said teasingly.

The whole summer Daniel, or as I like to call him, Danny, went to Europe to visit his family. We would video chat, text and call each other to stay in touch.

"Sorry," he shyly replied while rubbing the back of his neck.

I laughed a little at him. "It's ok Danny. I was just kidding."

"I know but I did want to invite you."

Before I could reply, the second bell rang which signaled the beginning of school. As usual, my teachers went over what we are going to learn this year and talked a little about beginning to look at colleges, if we haven't all ready.

At lunch, I sat with Jake and ours friends. We talked about our summer, what classes we got this year, and whether or not we like our teachers.

When lunch was over I walked to my next class with Jake. We began talking about how he was already training for soccer. He was telling me about how he is the best player on the team because of how fast, strong and coordinated he is.

"You already know that I'm the best athlete here," he said with a hint of cockiness in his voice.

I just smiled at him because of how he could talk about himself all day. I know because he had many times before.

Luckily for me, we reached my next class, which also happened to be Jake's class as well. We sat next to each other on the third row.

We talked about how bored we were in this class and how we would rather be at the movies watching whatever was playing.

Class was finally over so Jake and I said goodbye, but before he walked to his next class, I pecked his cheek.