Chapter 5: The Inn

First of all, I am sorry, I couldn't post any earlier, but thanks for the wait.I'll try posting more often though ;)

-Jim-

_________________________________________

The Inn

I would have laughed about that but the dry laugh that scaped my lips were just too hollow to be called like that. Cain paused at the door giving me worried looks, while Jess ruffled my hair. I entered to my room ignoring their curious glances until I reached my backpack and took Cain’s camera.

-This should explain it all-I said offering the camera towards Jess, I looked back at the boy sleeping form in my bed and made myself take my toilet items and clothes, before exiting the room-Please, look after him.

They didn’t say a thing as I left, but I knew that once they saw the pictures, they would understand. The bathroom wasn’t so far from my bedroom, but my tired body took longer. The cold water made shiver and feel a bit more cleansed, letting my mind wonder a thousand things.  I knew that whoever had done those thing, would come looking for him, but I wasn’t about let him go back to that cell. The horrors, the bodies in decomposition of people of all ages pilled in that corner. I shut my eyes trying to erase the peace etched in the less discomposed bodies that held flesh, as if they had finally been freed.

There was still a day to go in our stay, before the trip was over. My mind was running with thousand of possibilities, but I needed his trust before I could put them in action.

Could someone as broken as him, could trust again?

I turned off the shower, feeling my wound itching but no longer bleeding, I put some antiseptic and gauze, It wasn’t as big as I had first though. I dried myself before changing in comfy pj’s , and making my way back to my room were some shouting was going on…I started running to throw open my door to see Jess being cornered in by my bed while Cain was about to jump from the window and the boy was standing…correct that was hiding behind me crushing me to his chest.

I turned my torso so that I could wrapp my arms around his wais in an ackward hug, feeling his stiff muscles and his tiredness already, so much movement might have reopened his stiches. I rubbed comforting circles in his back until he calmed enough for me to step back, but to his whimpering I took his hand like a child, being guided back home. His bigger hand engulfed mine, but I didn’t mind.

I turned to see my friends scowling, and I closed the door to get some privacy.

-What the heck, dudes?!!-I hissed narrowing my eyes at them. They stopped the scowling-Did you fuc**** see the pictures??!!! He is scared, and you go berseck around him!!! Get those stick out off your ars** and beat each other until your brains go back to normal, cause right now I am not seeing my friends at all!!

-She is swearing-Said Jess stepping back.

-Nothing good comes when she sweares...-followed Cain giving me a startled look.

-Yeah, but at least…-was saying Jess.

-Are you both listening, Cain Daniel Howell and Jess Marie Martin??!! Or am I just wasting saliva??!!-I said seething in anger.

-There she goes-winced Jess-She used our full names…This is pretty bad.

“I’m sorry…”- said a husky voice, while my hand was squeezed, I turned to stare those silver eyes and noted how his bandages had come loose. I pulled him towards the bed, and made him sit. I hadn’t notice how tall he was, I wasn’t so tall myself with only 5’ 4’’, his 6’2’’ was pretty impressive.

-Explain, before I start whipping all of your ars** and  god only knows what else- I said as I undid the bandages from his middle, the gauges had diminished and were closing nicely, but at his rate it would take at least another two weeks until he could be on and about.  His tummy growled, and my head snapped to his face where he was blushing…so cute, popped in my mind..

-Well, someone seems to be hungry, I’ ll go and bring back some food for us all-said Jess before making his way out of all this mess.

My gaze fell on Cain’s blue eyes, that were accusing on the door that Jess had passed, before setteling back in mine and sighning.

-Look, it wasn’t as bad as it looked. He woke up while we were listening some music, he freaked out and tried to get out of here, but seeing as he was weak we tried to force him to stay but forgot his injuries and held his wrist, making him mad and go bersek on us, what you saw was us, trying to not get killed. We are pretty sorry, tough. He shouldn't have awakened in the first place-He said rubbing his neck, shuffling his feets.

I nodded towards the boy in the bed, and Cain catching on my meaning repeated his apologies for not explaining better their actions, those were my boys. Rushing to act but not to think…I should have known better.

-I am sorry too, I just couldn’t stand seeing him frightened again. I just snapped, knowing you guys would never do anything to harm him.-I said finishing the boys bandages.

“Don’t be sad”-the boy said lifting my face to lick tears I hadn’t noticed were falling.

-It’s ok, don’t be sad Esther-Said Cain closing the space and hugging us both.-Look, everything is going to be ok. We’ll make it better, just don’t be sad.-He repeated.

The door opened, and Jess voice broke our little reverie.

-What, I leave for about 15 minutes and you all start a love fest without me??!!-He cried in a squeal, to make us laugh, while standing in the door with some bags.

My own tummy growled reminding me how I had skipped my own lunch, so we all sat around my bed and reparted the food that the bakery lady had given Jess.

As soon as the boy took his portion, his hunger was obvious. He was an messy eater as he devoured or more like breathed all his food and gave longing stares at our dishes, we exchanged knowing glances before giving him the rest. This time Cain left toward the restaurant a bit further from the Inn to buy us something else to eat.

A large hand engulfed mine again, but I didn’t flinch and just held it, feeling my world changing none stop since meeting him and not daring to think about the tomorrow. I felt silver eyes staring me, but I didn't turn.

How long since his last meal, I wondered...How could someone survive so much? and staring at Jess's eyes, I knew he was thinking the same

_______________________

SO, vote, commet, fan!!!