My Little Pikachu

he stepped into the flat and let out a gasp of horror.

"what the hell happened?" he muttered to himself as he stared down at the torn up pieces of paper, shards of CDs and shredded clothing that lay across the living room.

confusion and panic hit him. he knew his friends were out for the day. the timids were out shopping in camden, pillnahn was visiting his mum and Kier was on a date with his boyfriend James.

"someone broke in!" Laurence panicked feeling his breath race with nerves for a moment before realising something didn't quite add up. after all there was no forced entry, no broken windows, nothing had been taken and the only thing that seemed out of place was the objects that were scattered across the carpet.

puzzled, he bit his lip and nealt down cautiously picking up two pieces of what appeared to be glossy paper, but as he turned it over and inspected the torn up photograph, empathy washed over him as sighing, he began to understand.

"Where are you?" he asked softly as a wave of sobs sounded out from the corner behind the sofa.

he lay on his side, curled up in a fetal position as tears poured from his autumn coloured eyes and dampened the carpet below. Laurence felt his heart break. he hated seeing him this way, he hated the thought of him being in pain, emotional or otherwise. yet he knew this would happen. Kier had given his all to James for 2 long years yet james took advantage of him or ignored him half the time.

"you're worth better Kier" he had told him no more than a month ago when james had stood him up at a concert simply because he wanted to 'go drinking with a friend'. Kier had simply smiled weakly and explained his friend was only in town for that night so he understood but laurence didn't buy it.he never did.

"what happened?" he sighed as he crouched down and placed a hand on his best friend's shoulder. kier turned and glanced up at him with reddened eyes.

"HE CHEATED ON ME" Kier sobbed uncontrolably "HE HAS BEEN FOR HALF THE TIME I WAS WITH HIM AND NOW HE'S LEAVING ME FOR THE OTHER GUY"

laurence cringed and felt his own tears surface but as he managed to fight them off, he picked kier up off the floor and drew him into a big hug.

"heyy" he whispered, stroking kier's hair softly which seemed to calm him down somewhat as he pressed his damp and reddened face to Laurence's chest "it's going to be okay kier. you're too good for someone who can treat you like that"

"I...I'm sorry about the mess" kier muttered feeling rather foolish "I was just so mad. I wanted to destroy everything that reminded me of him"

"it's okay" Laurence giggled as he lifted kier's head and wiped his tears away "it's quite impressive actually."

a slight smile broke through onto kier's face before it melted back into sadness and a fresh stream of tears broke through. sighing Laurence glanced around and spotted the yellow hooded garment he had hung on the back of the chair that morning. reaching up, he grabbed it and promptly wrapped it around his distraught friend.

kier stopped mid sob and looked at laurence wide eyed. neither of them had to say anything, they both knew what it meant.

after all, it had been Laurence's "comfort hoodie" for years. he had been given it from a fan when he was having a particularly bad day and somehow a simple little hoodie with a pikachu hood had made him feel immediately calm.

with nothing more than a knowing smile, laurence helped kier up and lead him to the sofa where he sat and pulled the jacket on properly, pulling the hood up and almost over his eyes.

"now" laurence cooed as he tried his hardest to refrain from squeeling at how cute kier looked "I'll tidy this mess up then how about we act like a couple of kids, watch some disney films and eat some sweets?"

"t.that sounds perfect" kier's voice cracked, sore from the hours of crying and as Laurence disappeared into the kitchen to grab a bin bag, kier lifted the yellow material to his face, took in the scent and smiled.

Laurence sat on the sofa, feeling himself smile and blush as he glanced down at kier. his head, still covered by the pikachu hood, was rested on Laurence's knee, his hand rested just below as he watched frozen and mumbled the words to each song.

"Another marshmallow" Laurence whispered as kier turned to look up at him and nodded.

from the bag beside him, he grabbed another jumbo marshmallow and fed it to Kier who smiled satisfied and turned back in time to sing along to "let it go"

"drew's going to kill me" laurence thought to himself, biting his lip and staring down at the now almost empty pack of mashmallows that drew had begged him to get for when he got home "but some things are more important" and as he glanced down at the beautiful man resting on his knee he thought to himself "way more important"

as the film came to an end, laurence yawned and switched the tv back to family guy.

"the guys will be home soon" he said passively as he felt kier nod then turn his head to glance up at him

"I...I'm feeling much better now" he said subduedly "I'm sorry about all that fuss"

"hey don't be silly!" laurence smiled softly "I completely understand"

"yeah..." kier said hesitantly as he rested his head back on Laurence's knee  "but you were right. he was a jerk......and, well, why would I need him......when I already have you?"

Laurence gazed down with wide eyes, a smile spreading across his face as kier tightened his grip on the material of his jeans and closed his eyes happily.

they stayed that way for a moment or two before laurence lifted his hand and ran his fingers through kier's cherry red fringe.

"I love you my little pikachu" he whispered softly, watching as the only man he had ever loved began to drift into a peaceful sleep

and as Kier smiled, he whispered "Pika!" before drifting off into asleep filled with dreams of him.