Don't Be Leaving (Timids one shot)

AUTHOR NOTES: Ok so I decided to do some FVK one shots with random ideas I get ^_^ this one was a cute idea I got after reading an extremely heartbreaking fan fiction someone wrote on here where drew dies and Shane is in so much shock he got amnesia and was running around the hospital shouting for drew. I was distraught after reading it and I thought of the reaction Shane would have if he read it, which led to this adorable scenario in my head.
Enjoy xD
----------------------------------------
***DON'T BE LEAVING****
The flat was in complete darkness as he wobbled up the stairs, taking deep breathes to hold back his heart wrenching tears. He stumbled slightly trying to hold it together. He knew he was being silly but he didn't care, he just had to see him and know he was alright.
As he shuffled along the landing he could hear the peaceful snores from kier and Laurence's room as he tried to creep along quietly but felt the sniffles building up. He didn't want to wake them, after all if they saw him like this they would be worried and when they found out the reason for his depressive state they would never let him live it down.
He held his hand to his mouth to silence himself as frantically he made his way in the pitch black.

As He reached the final door, he placed his hand on the smooth wooden surface and sighed
"Please be here" we whispered, feeling his voice crack. He knew fine well he would be, he knew he was being melodramatic but he knew he wouldn't be happy until he saw for himself.
Without another thought he held his breath, reached for the handle and pushed the door open carefully before peaking inside.
A crack in the curtains let the warm glow of the city street lights shine through as his eyes followed the Orange stream to the other side of the room where the bed was and let go of his breath in overwhelming relief.
There he was. His head rested gently on his soft white pillow, his body curled up in fetal position and the covers slumped messily over his slender legs as he slept soundly.
Sighing, he tiptoed into the room, closing the door softly behind him, and gently climbed onto the bed, grabbing the sheets and pulling them up over drew's shivering body. He paused for a moment, arched over his best friend as he watched him sleeping.

Sensing that he was being watched, drew scrunched up his nose and mumbled slightly. he felt a warm breath on his face as his eyes shot open alarmed.
"S.shane?" He whispered confused as he stared up at his best friend hovering over him, looking sorrowful. He watched as Shane's face crumpled and he burst into tears before dropping on top of drew hugging him tightly.
"Shane!" Drew whispered loudly, concerned and confused as he wrapped his arms around him and held him tight "what's wrong?"
Sobbing frantically into drew's neck, Shane tried to speak but it was impossible to form sentences in his current state. It ended up coming out as a very muffled "story..... You..... I was.... You were.... I had amnesia and"
Drew gently lifted Shane's head so he could see him and softly wiped the hot tears from his eyes sympathetically which seemed to calm Shane a little bit
"Okay, breathe" drew instructed calmly as Shane took a deep breathe and closed his eyes to fight back more tears "now, what's this all about?"
Shane's face begin to crumble again but he somehow managed to speak out
"I was reading fan fictions" he admitted, already feeling foolish "and I started reading one and.... You died drew, I told you I didn't love you then you got knocked over and died and I was in shock and got amnesia and couldn't remember anything and I was running around the hospital shouting your name and...and" the tears pushed through again as he dropped back to drew's neck hugging him tightly. Drew felt an amused smile spread across his face as he giggled slightly and pulled his emotional best friend closer
"Shaaaane" he giggled softly "it was just a story it's not real! I'm fine, see!"
"It felt so real" Shane cried loudly as he tightened his grip on drew, making drew gasp for air "I don't want you to die drew, I never want to loose you"
Coughing and feeling his face go red drew managed to squeak out "then maybe you should stop choking me, maybe?"
Yelping with guilt Shane jumped back and backed off onto his side of the bed as he lifted his glasses, wiping his reddened eyes and feeling his cheeks burn from embarrassment.
"I'm sorry" he cried out "I'm so sorry"
Drew caught his breath before turning over and smiling, reaching up for Shane's hand
"Heyyyyy" he whispered softly "it's okay shaney, don't cry"
Shane sighed as he looked down at his own chest
"Y.you must think I'm silly" he whispered feeling extremely foolish
"A little" drew admitted giggling slightly "but honestly, who writes fan fictions about us dying?? That's just morbid"
"It was awful" Shane sighed as he lay down beside him and stared up at the ceiling feeling deflated. Carefully, drew removed Shane's glasses and placed them on the bedside table before turning back and throwing an arm over shane, resting his head on his bicep as he felt his arm coil around him.
"Don't be sad shaney" he whispered comfortingly "It was just a story. Im fine, see"
"Never leave me" Shane whispered back. He could feel himself blush profoundly but he didn't care. He needed to know drew would be by his side always
Smiling, drew reached his head up and nuzzled the crease of Shane's neck before whispering in his ear
"I promise you I'm not going anywhere"

In silence, they lay in each other's arms together not saying a word for what must've been an hour. By this time drew's head was rested on Shane's chest and he could hear his heartbeat return to normal as he relaxed. After a while drew glanced up at Shane and broke the deafening silence.
"So" he began as Shane jumped slightly from hearing the first sound in an hour, "do you often read fan fictions?"
Shane felt his cheeks turn read again as he glanced down at drew
"S.sometimes" he admitted sheepishly "they're really creative and.. They're kinda cute sometimes"
Drew smirked and giggled as Shane grinned embarrassed
"You fan boy" drew giggled softly "you totally ship us just as much as the fans do"
Without bothering to argue, Shane shrugged and smiled. It was true after all. He never really had a crush on a guy until he met drew, but there was just something about him that drove him crazy and reading fan fictions about them made him smile because even if he would never be with him in reality, he could get lost In the fantasies his fans had created and imagine them taking place for real.
"I bet you read smutty ones too" drew giggled teasing
"Sometimes" Shane replied feeling his heart beat faster through Shame, something that didn't go a miss with drew "b.but I like the cute ones better"
"Awww" drew smiled to himself "you're so adorable Shane"

Suddenly the silence returned as they both lay deep in thought. After ten minutes drew lifted himself from Shane's chest, stared down at him and finally spoke again.
"S.shane" he said hesitantly as if it was something he had been musting over in his head for a long time and didn't know how to say it "y.you're actually in love with me, aren't you"
Panic struck Shane stared up at drew feeling his breath begin to race as drew studied his reaction and his eyes widened
"Oh my god" drew continued "you actually are"
Immediately Shane sat up with his back against the wall and pulled his legs up to his chest for comfort but kept silent. Softly, drew smiled and snuck up to him, wiping Shane's mousy brown hair from his troubled eyes
"It's okay" he spoke softly, as he pressed his back up against the wall sitting beside Shane and resting his head gently on his shoulder "honestly Shane, I don't see why you've kept it quiet for so long anyway, it's not like I'm going to hate you.... I think it's really sweet"
"I just didn't know how to tell you" Shane mumbled, his voice cracking through nerves "I mean, it's not like it even matters, it's not like anything would... Well you know"
Much To his surprise drew began to laugh before reaching up and kissing him softly on the cheek
"Shaney you silly thing" he mused "you KNOW I'm bi! You've known that since our teens and think about it, who have a spent almost every single moment of my life with since then?"
Shane's eyes widened as he turned and faced the only man he had ever loved
"Y.you mean?" He stuttered hopefully as drew nodded happily and whispered
"So much"
They didn't need to say anything else. It was obvious they had said everything that needed to be said and joyously they lay back down, spooning as Shane leaned over and kissed his cheek softly, causing drew to close his eyes and smile
"I love you drew" he whispered softly in his ear as he wrapped his arms around his fragile body and entwined his fingers into his
"I love you too Shane, my precious little timid"
And as they drifted off into a peaceful sleep, shane smiled to himself and quietly thanked whoever wrote such the heartbreaking story that brought them together after all these years of longing.

The End.