The Overheard Conversation (fvk one shot)

AUTHORS NOTES: so this was just a quick and cute idea I had xD it's short but I love it
Also the first one I wrote in pov xD
------------------------------------------
THE OVERHEARD CONVERSATION
*BARRONE'S POV*
It had been a long day out shopping in Camden with my best friend and fellow timid, drew. We arrived back at the flat at exactly 4pm as drew giggled at my attempt to reach the keys in his pocket with all the bags of clothing, shoes, make up and comic books wrapped around my wrist.
When we finally got in we listened for any sign of life.
"KIER!" I shouted out, hearing my voice echo off the walls "LAURENCE! LUKE! ARE YOU GUYS IN?"
We paused for a moment. There was no response
"They must all be out still" drew stated the obvious as I nodded "oh well!" He continued "Let's go unpack all our stuff then grab some food I'm STARRRRVING"
I mused at drew before agreeing as we began to climb the stairs.
We were struggling to carry our bags along the landing to the room we shared together when we walked by kier and Laurence's room and heard mumbled voices from within.
Opening my mouth I readied myself to speak but was stopped in my tracks at what I heard next
"Aw our little timids are so pretty" kier said as myself and drew dropped our bags quietly and closed in to hear better
"They definitely are" Laurence agreed "especially barrone, he's so pretty"
"Are you blind?" Kier replied defensively "drew is clearly the cute one. He's so hyper and funny!"
"But Barrone is beautiful" Laurence argued back "I could stare at him all day and never get bored"
"Well fine then" kier chimed in "Barrone is yours, drew is mine"

By now me and drew were wide eyed staring at each other in disbelief but decided not to make a noise. We wanted to see where this was going.

"Barrone is so majestic and graceful" Laurence wooed. I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride when I heard those words, no matter how creeped out I was that my best friends were discussing me and drew being their "property"
"He is" kier admitted "but drew is so small and adorable and I love him"
Drew's mouth dropped open in shock but I placed my finger to his lips to silence him
"Well I love Barrone" Laurence said sincerely. "I want to keep him forever" I felt my heart beat a little. Laurence was in love with me? He never showed any signs! I mean I know he touches me up on stage sometimes but he does it to us all. Oh god, how do I tell him I don't feel the same way?
"Don't get too attached" kier asserted "they might only last another couple of years"
What the hell did they mean by that? Were they planning replacing the both of us?
"Yeah I know that" Laurence said sadly "and it'll suck but we can always get new ones after they're gone"
That was all I needed to hear. With my head bursting with anger, confusion and slight guilt at the fact I had never realised Laurence's feelings for me, I grabbed the door handle abruptly and pushed my way into the room, drew following behind me
"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON GUYS!!!" I demanded an answer from them.
I looked over at the two. They were crouched down on their knees staring into a big glass object on the dresser. To my surprise they turned and had the audacity to smile
"OH HI YOU TWO" kier chimed standing up and ushering us over "COME AND MEET OUR NEW PETS! I PRESENT TO YOU, THE TIMID FISH"
Blankly me and drew walked over and stared into the glass container containing two goldfish. One of them was small and was whizzing around like crazy, the other one had a long floaty tail and was graceful and majestic.
"F.FISH?" Drew stuttered as realisation hit
"Well yeah!" Laurence replied puzzled "what else did you think we were talking about??"
The four of us stared at each other blankly and as sudden realisation hit us all, smiles burst through on our faces as we burst into fits of giggles.
"I'm sorry boys!" Kier laughed hysterically as he wiped tears from his eyes and put his arms around both of us "I know you're disappointed but there's plenty more fish in the sea, ey?"
And as we burst out laughing some more, luke walked into the room and looked around confused, wondering what the hell he had missed.