XV

Chapter 15

"Soph, can we play hide and seek now?" Nick whined as he rubbed his eyes.

I let out a sigh and glared at Jace since he brought this onto me, he didn't know how much I hate this game. He had his stupid smirk on as he shrugged his shoulder as if saying it's not his problem.

"Yeah Soph, can we play hide and seek now?" His voice mimicked Nick's.

"You annoy the crap out of me Jace, shut up." I narrowed my eyes at him.

His expression remained the same except for his smirk which only became wider.

"Oh please, you love me and don't try to deny it." He wiggled his eyebrows infuriating me more.

"No I fu-"

"Guys, I'm here." Nick raised his hand as if reminding us that he's here with us, "Jay Jay can you please stop teasing your girlfriend because mommy said that if girls get annoyed at you they will leave you and I don't want Soph to leave you. She's very pretty and kind."

Nick hugged my leg as he pouted at Jace, we on the other hand had our mouth slightly agape at what he said.

"Uhm yes of course, I don't want my dear butterfly to leave me now wouldn't I?" Jace cleared his throat and for a split second I saw a strange expression but was quickly replaced by his infamous smirk.

I felt my cheeks heat up as I struggled to come up with a comeback but I can't think of one so I just glared daggers at him.

"Are we gonna play hide and seek now?" Nick's eyes widened as he peered up at me under his thick lashes.

I opened my mouth to finally comply but Jace beat me to it, "how 'bout we go for a milkshake buddy?"

And in that moment I couldn't be more thankful that he saved my ass even though he doesn't know I wanted to get out of this game. I looked at Jace and sent him a look of appreciation which he returned with a playful wink.

"Yes please! I haven't had milkshake in sooo long." Nick opened his arms wide trying to make us understand how long he hasn't been able to drink milkshake.

I chuckled at his actions and to my surprise Jace smiled, a genuine smile that I never saw ever since I met him.

Goddamn, he's beautiful.

"Hey Soph, you ready to go?" Jace snapped his fingers in front of my face.

I snapped out of my daze and quickly dismissed the thought which was really twisted, "oh uhm, yeah sure."

"If I didn't know you any better I'd think that you were eye raping me and thinking about all the things you want to do to me." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I blushed furiously which probably confirmed his statement- wait no. I did not just admit that I was checking him out.

"Holy shit, you really did check me out." He laughed loudly, amusement swimming in his eyes.

"Jay Jay what does rape mean?" Nick's baby voice rang in my ear.

We both looked at each other, eyes widening not knowing how to tell him.

"It's an adult language buddy," he cleared his throat awkardly.

"So does that mean there's a child language too? For me?" He bites the inside of his cheeks.

"Oh look at the time! Your mommy's gonna be home soon we need to hurry and get your milkshake before she catches you." Jace rushed his words, cheeks tinted pink.