VI

Chapter 6

I looked at him and he looks the same as the last time I saw him. The more I look at him the more I see the resemblance of my father in his features.

So yeah, I have a half brother.

"Are you alright?" My brother asked as he nudged my shoulder.

"Yeah. I just- It's been so long but I really can't accept the fact." I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's okay now, right? Our family's back to normal." He gave me smile.

I nodded but when my gaze landed on Becca she was giving me the apologetic look.

"It's alright. My parents have moved on, you moved on. I moved on. We got through those dark days." I beamed at Aaron.

"That's my sister," he returned my smile.

"Well I-"

"Hey Soph." His voice cut me off.

I froze and tried my best to plaster a smile which turned out as a tight smile.

I turned around and responded.

"Hey Elliot."

"So how have you been?" He rubbed the back of his neck as if he's nervous.

Well this is awkward.

"Good. You?" I let out a nervous laugh.

He put his hands in his pockets and shrugged.

"Same. Anyways it was nice talking to you, I need to go," he jerked his thumb towards his table that's surrounded by his friends.

"Sure. Nice talking to you too," I smiled.

I let out the breath I was holding on when he left.

I turned my attention towards my brother and Becca. Both of them gawked at me.

"What?"

"I'm so proud of you," both of them said in unison.

I laughed, "this lady is tough." I flexed my non existent biceps.

♣︎♣︎♣︎

I was tapping my pen on my notebook with my chin on the palm of my hand, elbow resting on top of the table.

My head's been aching due to Mr. Clarke's old gruffy voice. He was trying to teach something under algebra, which of course I can't understand.

I hate math to the highest extent.

I mean who the hell loves math?

"Ms. Hunts, now would you be a doll and solve this equation instead of dozing off?" He called my attention.

I bolted up and stood up straight, "yes sir."

"Okay, what is the longest angle when the shortest angle is 5x. The measurement of the shorter angle of the shortest angle is
35x-7y+8, and the measurement of the longer angle is 81x+2." He dictated his question.

All of us in the room gawked at him like he was from outer space.

"Well Miss Hunts? I'm waiting," he leaned against the chalkboard.

"I-I, that⋯"

"That would be undefined sir," I heard Jace's voice behind me.

Great.

My knight in shining armor is here. Note the sarcasm.

"That was very well said, thank you Mr. Carter."