Chapter 14

A/N: Yo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sorry I haven't posted in about 3 months, but I moved back to england and I start school in 2 weeks :o a LOT has happened, personally, through these last few months and I can honestly say, what a fucking ride. Maybe I'll be getting my own laptop at some point, so I'll upload more often then. Sorry for the wait, I hope you're all still here!! Leave me feedback pls, luv u bbies xoxxo

___

The sun was already out and the birds had already passed their chirping point by the time Ben and Cassie awoke. The curtains were slightly open, light warm rays streaming through onto the white wall, Cassie strained her eyes at the brightness, turning her head in the direction of the soft, feathered pillow and pushing her face into it, hoping to fall back into a peaceful snooze. Ben sloppily threw his arm over Cassie's sheet covered back, pulling himself closer to her for comfort. That drunk, high feeling replaced with a hangover and a dying need for water and a painkiller of some sort. 'Good morning', he muttered with a raspy, gravelly voice that some may describe as one of the best sounds a boy can make, undeniably sexy, even. Cassie was too focused on the comfort of her own bed than the tone of his voice though, muttering the same words back sleepily, allowing a quick yawn escape the dry lips.

'So have you thought about this touring thing?' Ben asked, facing Cassie, eyes slightly watery from the brightness of the light. Cassie faced him too, her expression pretending to be confused about his question, although she was completely aware of it all. She had woken up multiple times thinking about it, thinking about Ben, and the boys, and living with them for months on a cramped tour bus. Who could forget something that might seem so basic and easy, but really, it was a big decision? 

'I've been sleeping, Benjamin' Cassie whispered, her eyes still closed, too tired to force them open, no matter what the view was. She could feel his fingers against her arm, making tiny circles and patterns on her pale skin, waking up to this was a rarity and a pleasure she was sure as hell she didn't want to live without. 

'But surely it's crossed your mind?' he asked, the patterns no longer being made and Bens hand was resting against her skin, slightly tensed up, 'not even a tiny bit?', his voice sounded worried, kind of eager and urgent, like he needed an answer, and certainly  worried to what it may be.

'It's a ludicrous idea' Cassie sighed, pulling herself up, eyes slowly slipping open to view Ben laid topless in her bed, messy hair covering his tired, stubble covered face. She smiled at this sight, memories from her trip to London, 'you can't just decide to take someone on tour with you' 

'That's the thing, Cassandra... I can' Ben winked, sitting up beside her and making her feel small beneath his gaze. Cassie smirked at him before pushing the sheets away from her and climbing over Ben and out of the bed. She walked over to her dressing table, picking up a single black hair band and tying her dark hair into a messy bun. Ben followed her, grabbing his shirt and pulling it on along the way with his jeans and boots, picking up the leather jacket and slinging it over his shoulder, 'I better get going babe, things to do, stuff to organize' Ben said in a low voice, standing for a second behind her, wrapping an arm loosely around her waist and kissing the top of her head before pulling away towards the door.

Cassie turned around quickly, still confused over last night’s arrival, 'it's not exactly like you live down the road is it, Ben?' she said rapidly before he could depart, he turned around again and chuckled, shrugging carelessly, 'I just took the train' he said simply, 'but now it's late and I really have to go, ring me when you can, I'll need to know your answer soon, okay?'

'Okay' Cassie nodded, accepting her fate.

~

 A few more days passed without a word between them. Cassie had tried her best to get hold of Ben, but whatever she tried never seemed to work. Her days at work were spent out of focus, distracted, and totally out of character, thinking something had happened to him without her knowing, but she was sure she would've found out some other way, and Ben was just being lazy. Today was another one of those days. It was cold, the snow had melted and it was just back to the normal miserable, rainy British weather. Nicole didn't have time to pick Cassie up today, as she'd got a new job and the hours were all over the place, therefore Cassie had to walk home, a long half an hour walk. She wasn't too bothered though, it could've been worse. Just as Cassie turned the corner to her street, she could feel the vibration of her phone buzz in her pocket. She pulled it out, seeing the message at the top of the screen. It's probably just Nicole asking to clean the house or something, Cassie thought to herself, swiping away at the screen, half surprised when it read the message was from Ben.