chapter six

Chapter Six:

"I don't know what I want!", Elphaba cried.

"My darling, please calm down. You are going to work yourself into a panic." Fiyero brushed his thumb over Elphaba's hand to try to soothe her.

"I can't calm down. I just had to make the most difficult decision that I've ever been faced with and I don't know if I made the right choice." Elphaba was trying not to cry because she knew the tears would burn her skin. Water decided to flow from her eyes no matter how intensely she tried to avoid them.

Fiyero took a soft handkerchief from his pocket and, as gentle as possible, dabbed it on Elphaba's face. He knew it was painful when she cried, but it was even more painful when the liquid would sit on her skin and sizzle. He didn't want her to hurt. "She is already damaged enough", he thought.

"Thank you", she says, and smiles ever so slightly. Fiyero leans in and kisses her forehead gently. "Don't be afraid to rant to me, it's what I'm here for."

Elphaba didn't like to ask for sympathy because she was so used to being strong for others. Right now, however, she really needed to lean on the man she loved.

"Should I have staged my own death? I did it to protect you, Glinda, and myself. But I miss her so much, and I know she misses me as well. She also probably feels guilty for my false death. I feel like I have lied to her. I gave her this false sense of hope and now that I am dead in her eyes, she thinks it's all her fault. Have I put her in even more danger? Will she take it upon herself to avenge my death and go talk to the Wizard? I'm sure once she states that she is still on my side, someone will want to hurt her. Maybe the Wizard himself. I know that evil Madame Morrible will have something terrible planned for her. Not to mention the insane residents of Oz who hate my guts. You would think now that I'm 'dead' they would all go about with their mediocre lives. Of course, just because I'm green doesn't mean my luck will come that easy, ha! I have a feeling that everyone is more interested in me now more than ever. If all of those people find out that Glinda is on Team Elphaba, they will eat her alive." Elphaba felt like she needed to come up for air. She hadn't talked that much all at once for who knows how long.

"Or should I have not done any of that and let things naturally happen?

Maybe things would have turned out different. You wouldn't be a scarecrow, Glinda wouldn't be confused, and I would have gotten what I deserved.

Okay, I'm finished", she blushes.

"Well, I think you went with what your instinct told you to do".

"But what if my instict wasn't right?", Elphaba throws back.

"That doesn't matter. What does matter is that you went with what felt right in your heart."

"But nothing feels right, Fiyero!"

"I...I don't know", he says, not sure of himself.

"Ugh! Of course you don't! No one gets it. No one knows how torn I am. Why can't someone tell me what to do because I just don't know amymore. I'm so confused and every decision I make feels so utterly wrong and turns into a disaster!"

"Elphie wait!", Fiyero tries to grab her by the arm, but she runs off into another corridor and finds a room to lock herself into before he can try to stop her.

-----------

Author's Note: So this chapter was based off my current struggle to make a decision for a certain part of my life. I guess you could say I'm Elphaba and Glinda is one of my friends who shall remain unnamed.

Decisions like that are really hard to make :/ you don't know which one will turn out better. Elphaba has already made her choice and thinks that it was the wrong one. I hope I don't.

Anyways! Comment, fan, vote!!! It would make me happy ^^