chapter four

chapter four:

" Oh Oz, Oz, Oz!!! Calm down Glinda, you'll be fine. Just tell them what they want to hear and this will all go away. Then you can mourn in peace". Glinda was trying on dresses and tiaras for the announcement that is set for 9 p.m. sharp. All of Oz and the lands surrounding it are dying to have an update on Elphaba.

Elphaba.

"No! Don't you dare start Glinda", she scolds herself. "You'll ruin your make up. Oh for goodness sakes, who cares about make up! I am so shallow even after my friends die! Why do I have to be so concerned about my own self-image? I'll make it up to Elphie, I swear it! I'll go right to Madame Morrible and The Wizard as soon as I am able. I will tell them how wrong they were and stick up for my friends. Maybe I can even make another announcement to the public telling the truth! Oh, yes, they'll believe me over Madame and Mr. Wizard."

"Right?"

A musical note chimes in the air signaling a quarter till 9. Glinda slides on her heels and grabs her wand as she walks out her parlour doors and down the hall towards the hundreds of Ozians waiting outside.

She decides against going out the front to face the crowds that were waiting ever so patiently by the humongous stage that was built for her to give her speech on. She turns back around and decides to go to the back garden that is covered from om prying eyes. "I'll cast my bubble spell so I can float over the crowd. I can't face them, I'm just not that courageous, and I don't want the people to see my lips quiver or notice a tear that may accidentally stream down my face. They can't know the truth until I talk to The Wizard and Morrible."

Glinda takes her wand, hand and voice shaky, and creates her signature bubble. She starts to float over the garden and sees the audience. "You can do this. Just one more lie until you reveal the giant truth. Act cheery, toss your hair, and smile. They'll never know the difference."

That's when the first thought came. "I could end it all", Glinda realized. "I could pop this bubble, fall to my death, and never take one more shameful breath again."

-------------

Author's Note: Woah. That last bit was intense right? I don't know where the story will go from here, but I'll think of something! Please vote and follow, if you could be so gracious. Thanks for reading!