Chapter 14

Yay the next instalment is here!
Don't forget to check out my other story "Who Am I?"

Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~

The door opened to a short man with a firm posture and a holier-than-thou attitude.

"Miss Glinda, I am your nurse, here are your medications for the day. Now get dressed and please for Oz sakes stop what ever racket you were making moments ago."

Glinda blinked several times, taking all of his annoying words in.

"Yes...yes sir, mister...? I'm sorry, I don't know what to call you."

"You will call me 'Nurse' there is no need for you to know my name, you insolent swine."

"Why dear, dear, Nurse, I don't believe you know who you are conversing with. I am Glinda Upland of the Up-"

"Upper Uplands, I know. You are also in a psych ward and I am your boss and Caretaker. You will do what I say or else I will report you to my own boss and have you locked up for good."

That was definitely not the type of "for good" Glinda wanted to hear, so she kept her mouth shut for the time being, not so much for her own sake, but for Elphaba. She knew the poor witch couldn't wait to burst through that window at midnight. Frankly, neither could Glinda.

"Hurry up and do get dressed. Lunch will be served in an hour or two and the queen doesn't want to miss her entrance, right Miss Upland?"

With that Glinda was alone in her room once more.

She started to get up out of bed ehen her small foot stepped on something paper-like.

It was a parchment addressed to her.

From Mickian.

"Oh great Oz, he's the last thing I need. How utterly embarrassing would it be for him to see me lik this. After all, he's already seen enough of the broken me."

She continued to read the note that said how sorry he was and that he'd be visiting often. Maybe even today.

"Alright, this is absurd. He cares way too much and I too little."

Glinda crumples up the note and hides it between the mattress and the bottom of the bed frame.

There are a pair of light blue pajama pants and a long sleeve white shirt laying on a chair on the other side of the room. There are no shoes or even socks. The only other item is a single pair of underwear. No bra.

"Oh how revolting, I have to go barefoot in this place. I suppose they think I'll make a noose with socks and shoe laces and a weapon of mass destruction with a bra. Haha! I'm so funny."

She takes off her clothes from the night before and slips on the new ones, not used to the untailored feeling they give her.

She spots a small table with a circular mirror and walks toward it. Surprisingly her personal hair brush and face powder is sitting atop the table. Somone must have brought it between the time she was asleep and when elphaba showed up. There is also a tooth brush, a type of toothpaste, a glass of water, and a small bowl to spit the water into.

"Now why would they trust me with all of this, but not a silly bra? I can think of ten different ways to kill a man with these items."

Glinda got ready as best as she could. She washed her face with a small amount of water and had to use her old shirt as a towl. After that she applied the new make up.

The toothpaste was awful and felt like she was eating sand.

At least her beautiful curls weren't giving her any problem.

Just as she was cleaning up, there was a knock on the door.

"Glinda," her nurse said, "you have a visitor."

"Sweet Oz! It's that Micky guy or whatever his name is."

She places herself at the end of the bed, pulling down her sleeves as she calls "yes, do come in."

Mickian throws open the door and runs toward Glinda.

"Oh my dear Lady I'm so sorry for all of this. I've missed you so."

He kisses her hand and asks "how are you feeling? Is there anything I can-"

"Yes, in fact there is. You can start by getting up off the floor and letting go of my hand. Don't ever give me a scare like that what with you galloping through the door like a mad man ever again."

Mickian was taken aback by this sudden change in Glinda's demeanor.

"Sorry, Glinda. I was just worried that's all."

"It's fine, Micky."

"Errr, it's actually Mickian, Miss Glinda."

"Yes, whatever. Just please don't be so worried about me. I'm fine."

Mickian attempted to make conversation, but Glinda rose from the bed and starting leading him towards the door.

"It was really great talking, Mick"

"It's Mickian."

"Right, right. Anyway, nice talking. Look forward to our next meeting."

She opened the door and pushed him out.

"Goodbye now!"

She quickly shut the door and fell to the floor in a heap, crying.

"Oh Elphie," she whispered, "I can't do this. I'm not this mean, really I'm not."

She had her head burried in her hands when she heard an announcement over a speaker she did not knew existed.

The voiced echoed throughout the building: "patients, your lunch is served. Please come out of your room. There are aides here to guide you towards the cafeteria.

Glinda got up and wiped her face. She ran over to her table and put applied more powder to try and hide her puffy and red face.

She looked at herself in the mirror and mentally prepared herself for what she may see and the way she could be treated.

"For Elphie," she declared. "I'll do this for my love."

She walked out her door in stride, but not too much. Only enough to let everyone know that she could make it.

~~~~~~~
Vote, comment, follow, talk about this, let others know!
Thank you for reading♡
Chapter 15 will be out shortly if you want it...???
Go read my other story "Who Am I?".
I appreciate every single one of my readers. I love you!