The pack gets land

Jax sat next to Betty, one arm around her shoulders, after he calmed himself down. Man, she drove him wild. At first he'd thought he was in trouble because she'd pounded on the door and had been frowning up at him. The next thing he knew, she was tugging on his ears and he knew for sure he was in trouble.

He grinned when he thought of her kiss. It had been completely innocent, just a press of her lips against his. When he took control he half expected her to stop, but instead she'd matched his movements and had turned into a sexpot. He shifted in his seat to adjust himself when he thought of her moans and gasps when he'd began sucking on her neck. He wondered how she would respond if he kissed lower...

Jason, who had a sensitive nose, smacked him upside the head and said, "Dude, I do not want to smell your arousal. Think other thoughts!"

Betty blushed prettily and hid her face in his chest. God, he loved that girl.

He froze. Did he just think the L word? He'd never said or thought that about a girl before. He looked down at her and felt himself relax. His wolf's instincts were in hyperdrive. She was his mate, so of course he loved her. He didn't know when his wolf had chosen Betty as his mate, but there was no fighting it now. He kissed her on top of the head and snuggled her closer.

He would have to keep his thoughts to himself if he didn't want to scare her away. He could keep his feelings a secret for a while longer.

The front door opened and Luke and James walked in. James frowned when he saw Betty; he still wasn't a fan of her. Luke raised his eyebrows and winked at Jax when he saw how close they were snuggling. They sat down and Jason paused the movie.

"We had a breakthrough. The DMV records show the car is registered to a man named Spencer Radcliffe. We double checked our records of known rogues and it matches a wolf that was kicked out for a bad temper and a problem with authority. We have wolves watching his house now."

"Perfect. Let's move. Betty, I'll walk you home. Lock your doors and windows. Stay indoors until one of us gets you, okay?"

"Yes, Jax," she said meekly and he grinned. Apparently, all he had to do was kiss her silly and she became compliant.

"One last kiss, sweetheart. I need all the strength I can get. Give me some of that soul energizing shit," he said with a cocky grin. He pulled her close and kissed her lovingly.

She blushed and wished them all good luck before letting him lead her away. He gently kissed her one last time by her front door and then waited for her door to close and lock.

He ran back to his pack brothers and grinned wolfishly. His wolf was energized and eager to hunt. Today they would catch and kill Spencer. His pack would be safe and he could give Betty the attention she deserved.

***
The house was on a secluded lot of land in the middle of the woods. His scouts relayed that the missing wolf had been here, but they couldn't tell if he still was. The rogue's scent was heavy and they suspected he was inside. He apparently lived alone.

It was over too easy. They circled the house and busted down the front door. James charged ahead, along with other elite fighters, and quickly had the coward pinned on the ground.

He wasn't very dominant and immediately cowered before Jax. The piece of shit coward peed himself and begged for mercy. As if they would let him live after what he did to his pack, to the little pup and the patrol.