The eye of the tiger

Betty blasted the Rocky theme song to psych herself up. She could do this. She shook her hands and bounced on her feet. Forget that she'd never kissed anyone before, and yes she knew that was pathetic! She would march over to Jax's house, knock on the door, exchange pleasantries with whoever opened the door, ask for Jax and then grab him by the ears and kiss him.

Not because she wanted to, although she kind of did. It was only for the bet. Kilala wouldn't shut up about it until she kissed him, so she would kiss him.

She breathed in and out before shimmying her shoulders and puckering her lips. She could do this.  The song ended and she marched over to Jax's house.

She rapped on the door, paused and rapped again. She tapped her toe and slapped her hands on her thighs. She had never been so nervous before in her life. What if Jax said ewww? What if she was a bad kisser? What if Jax didn't want to stop? She couldn't do this. Too much could go wrong.

The door opened and Jax stood staring at her. "What's wrong?"

She gulped and stepped forward. "I'm sorry, blame Kilala," she said before grabbing his ears and pulling him towards her.

"Ouch! What the hell?"

She blushed out of embarrassment, but it was too late to stop now. She stood up on her tiptoes and kissed him.

He whispered, "Oh" against her lips and then took control. His hands were on the back of her head, angling her head just so. He flicked his tongue against her lower lip, making her gasp. He took the opportunity and thrust his tongue in her mouth. Oh goodness, that felt good. She tried to mimic his movements and smiled when he groaned.

"Hey, I'm glad you two decided to kiss instead of fight!" Jason said around a mouthful of popcorn. He was standing behind Jax, holding a bowl of popcorn and wearing pajamas.

Betty jumped away and blushed. "I bet Kilala that if I was wrong about Jax being a murderer that I would kiss him. That's all this was."

Jax growled and narrowed his eyes at her. "Like hell, that's all it was." He grabbed her hand and pulled her in the house. Jax pushed Jason aside, making him spill his popcorn.

"Let go! What are you doing?" She squealed as he dragged her up the stairs. Jason just laughed and went back to watch TV.

Jax growled the whole way and pushed her against the wall in his room. He closed his eyes and rested his forehead against the wall. She pushed against his chest and he growled louder.

He took two deep breaths and then growled, "Shhhh. I won't force you to do anything, but my wolf needs a second."

She nodded her head and stared at him with wide eyes. His eyes were wild, he was obviously fighting for control. He sniffed her neck and groaned.

"Why do you smell so good? I just want to throw you on the bed and rip your clothes off with my teeth. Oh damn, baby. You smell so good and your lips ... They're as delicious as I thought they'd be."

He pressed against her and pressed tiny kisses against her neck, making her shiver with desire.

"Jack says that you're my mate." She gasped out, her brain too hazy to hold onto secrets. "That we need to be together or our soul weakens."

"I know."

He sucked on a tender part of her neck, making her moan. He nipped her softly and groaned. "Betty, sweetheart, we need to stop or I'm going to lose control. You smell so damn good. I can smell your desire and God, it's turning me on."

She nodded, but neither of them moved for a minute. They kissed long and slow before he stepped away.

"Shit, baby, go downstairs and watch TV with Jason. I'll be down in a minute."

She nodded dazedly, but didn't move. He chuckled and turned her to face the door, giving her a little push. She smiled over her shoulder at him and walked away.

That was the best kiss that anyone could ever have, she thought dreamily.

"I told you," said Kilala smugly. "Next time, try to do it with less clothes."

"Stop it! I'm no where ready for that yet. I still don't know him very well."

"He's your mate, you know all you need to. When are you going to kiss him again?"

"Hopefully soon, he's a damn good kisser," she told Kilala while biting her lip.

She blushed and sat next to Jason. Thank goodness he was ignoring her obvious disheveled state. He simply offered her popcorn and restarted the movie. She smiled and thought it was nice to have friends.