Courting Kate: The Family

“When the evening shadows

And the stars appear

And there is no one there

To dry your tears

I could hold you

For a million years

To make you feel my love.” –Make You Feel My Love, Adele.

8

“Giancarlo? Are you coming over tonight?” Kate asked him over the phone.

She heard him sigh. A little too wearily. “Not tonight, cara. I have to take care of something.”

Maybe he’s getting tired of me already, she thought. She immediately clamped the thought down. “Oh, okay.” She was about to say goodbye when she remembered the dress. “Uh, by the way, thank you for the dress. It’s really beautiful.”

For some reason, she knew he was smiling at the other end of the receiver. “Did you like it?”

“Very much.”

“Good. Then maybe you’ll wear it the next time we have dinner.”

It was her time to smile. “Maybe.”

They hang up soon with an agreement to meet each other tomorrow to wind surf.

“So what did you do last night after we talked on the phone?”

They were carrying their boards over the sand, preparing to spend an hour in the water. She threw him a sidelong glance. “I walked around the beach. How about you?”

“I had to deal with some family matters,” He replied absently. “I’m really sorry I couldn’t come over to your suite last night.”

She waved her hand. “No need to apologize.”

He chuckled. “I’m not apologizing, cara. I’m just letting you know how much I regret not seeing you last night.”

She blushed under his scrutiny. “Let’s just start surfing now, okay?”

Kate was laughing as she ran from the water to sand. “Oh, my! That was wonderful!” She turned to look at Giancarlo was following her. She was arrested by the intensity of his gaze that she squirmed in place. “Why are you looking at me that way?”

“I’m thinking whether it’s a good idea for me to kiss you right here and right now,” he responded truthfully.

For like the millionth time during the day, she blushed because of Giancarlo. “Would it be bad if you kiss me?” She couldn’t believe her ears when she heard herself voice out the question.

But he only shook his head. “Hell, it would be the best thing I’ll do in months. However, I’m not sure if… you’ll feel the same.”

She searched his face, was satisfied and took a step forward. “What if I—”

Kate didn’t get to finish her sentence. She didn’t know that that one step towards Giancarlo was an invitation and a permission for him to do what he wanted. In a flash, she was in his arms and she was being kissed thoroughly.

She opened her mouth to him and he groaned. “Baby…”

Kate wrapped her arms around his neck and held on to him. He was hard everywhere she was soft and it felt good to be this close to him. He was strong. She could feel his strength pulsing from the muscles she was caressing under her hands while his own embarked on a lazy journey on her body too.