The Real Me

Seth 

11:30 PM

I watched Quil across the table tell one of his not so funny stories he usually tells. The pack took the night off due to low activity of vampires in the area. So, to celebrate, we sat around Older Emily's tiny kitchen and ate all her food all night long. I noticed everyone laughing and enjoying themselves and I tried my best to do the same. I smiled as Rachel told some funny Paul stories and I laughed as Jake snorted up soda through his nose. But I couldn't be fully comfortable. I glanced at the clock and noticed that it was thirty minutes till midnight. Emily said she'd be home by then but I haven't gotten anything from her since she left. The worry hung on me like weights on every limb.

"She's probably calling a taxi now or something, she'll be back before ya know it." Leah nudge my shoulder, standing behind my chair. It's kind of scary how well she knows me. I nodded in agreement but still not fully convinced. Something wasn't right and I could feel it.

My phone buzzed and my stomach jumped with it. This has to be Emily. She's calling to say she's fine, everything worked out, Gigi is drunk in the back seat of a cab, and I was stupid to have even worried in the first place.

But this wasn't Emily. It was Gigi.

I immediately got up and went to the living room where it was slightly quieter. I answered and was hit with a panicky, soprano voice. She seemed out of breathe.

"Gigi, whats wrong?" I asked, trying to get answers from her.

"Seth, I don't know what to do. I can't find Emily or Gino. I looked everywhere and asked everyone. Seth, please, what do I do?" Gigi sounded freaked out. Which resonated onto me. My heart began to race.

"Was Emily drinking? Did you see her with anyone?"

"Yeah, she had a few drinks," there was a pause, "I think she was with Gino." She added in monotone. I had to go.

"I'll be there soon." I hung up and ran to my car. Everyone already heard the conversation between Gigi and I. I had no time to fill them in personally.

***

I pulled up to the fraternity and could smell the alcohol from inside my car. I parked across the street and jumped out in one swift motion. Walking up to the sidewalk, I saw girls hanging off of guys and the guys loving it. I looked away and went to the dinky, half-hinged front door.

"Who the hell do you think you are? This is a closed fraternity party, only girls and guys part of the frat invited. Now get lost." A college muscle man held me back. He looked about my height and obviously spent too much time in the gym, or money on steroids. I ignored his comment and pushed my way past him. He grabbed my shoulder and threw a punch but I caught it and pushed him against the door.

"I'm invited." I growled under my breath. He stared hard at me but exaggeratedly motioned me to go in. I let Arnold Schwarzenegger go and proceeded inside the alcohol and smoke invested house.

I looked around for Emily but couldn't see anyone that resembled her. I found some girls from La Push and asked if they have seen my girlfriend. I got incoherent answers.

I went to the small, white tiled, fluorescent lighted kitchen and saw Emily's bag and Gigi's jacket on a chair. I looked around the kitchen for Gigi but I didn't see any blonde heads. Plus, she wasn't answering her phone.

I decided to look through Emily's bag to see if she had her phone or not. I felt a pair of long fingers on my shoulder and hoped for it to be Gigi. I turned around and was welcomed by a tall, slim, girl in a short dress. She had long dirty blonde hair and deep, blue, vibrant eyes. Her smile was full and her lip gloss smelled of cherries. I smiled politely and turned back around to Emily's bag.