I'm Like Freaking Usain Bolt!

Edited

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The next morning me and Hermione headed downstairs to the great hall for breakfast.

"Did you hear today we're going to learn how to fly!" I said happily as we both sat down at the Gryffindor table.

"I don't see the fun in that." Hermione said, but I ignored her.

"I wonder if I'm good enough to play Quidditch, not that I really want to... Just wondering," I mumbled, poking at a rather unusual dish.

"You don't even know what Quidditch is " Hermione stated.

"Yes I do and don't tell me that I don't know somthing when I do " I snapped, her eyes widened as she was taken aback by my sudden outburst. "Penny, what's wrong"

"Nothing I'm just a little nervous I don't want to be humiliated by Malfoy," I said, glancing across the room to see Malfoy boasting about something.

"Trust me, If you are then just slap him. . .I can't believe I just said that," Hermione said beweldered, as I giggled. Another reason we're nervous is because we can control our studies, we know almost everything... We can't control brooms because there's really nothing you can study about them.

Soon the great hall was filled with people eating breakfast. Harry and Ron sat down opposite me whilst Neville sat next to me. One look at Neville and it was obvious he was nervous.

I placed my hand on Neville's shoulder and began to tell him all the facts I DID know about flying.

Just a few tips we had read about.

Students around us would roll there eyes and groan whenever they would see either me or Hermione opening out mouths for another tip.

One student actually began to dance when we were both interrupted by the mail.

Our owl swooped down and majestically landed on a milk carton, spilling milk into the nachos and cheese, which then overflowed and began to leak into the pear slices.

"You really are so majestic," I said sarcastically, taking the still intact package.

I gently began to undo the paper around the package, Hermione leaned over my shoulder. We both let out a gasp when the inside of the box revealed a beautiful cake.

"Vanilla," I drooled.

"Chocolate," Hermione sighed.

"Plastic gloves," we both snickered, taking out a pair for the both of us. To help calm Neville's nerves we gave him a alive of both vanilla and chocolate. Ron, who was sitting across from me watched with narrowed eyes as the three of us devoured the whole cake (which was a lot)

"Look!" Neville grinned at me, taking out a glass round ball from inside his own package, inside the glass ball was white smoke "It's a Remembrall!" He explained, "Gran knows I forget things - this tells you if there's something you forgotten to do. Look, you hold it tight like this and if it turns red - oh. . ." His face fell when the white smoke turned a deep red.

"You've forgotten something." I said, stating the obvious. Neville looked deep in thought while I looked behind him to see Malfoy making his way down the row, the moment he was by us he snatched the Rememberall right out of Neville's hands.

I stood up angrily, you can mess with me, but no one messes with my friends! Especially ones that can't stand up for themselves. I felt Hermione grab my hand, but I shook her off as I angrily opened my mouth, ready to argue.