Quidditch Match

Edited
///////////////////////////////////////////////

As we entered November, the weather got colder the mountains behind the school became icy grey and the lake chilled steel, and today was a Quidditch match. Slytherin against Gryffindor and if Gryffindor won we would move up into second place for the House championship.

Ever since the troll incident I have grown rather close to two specific butt-holes. Sorry, were friends now.... I have grown rather close to Harry and Ron. Just yesterday I had given Harry a book called Quidditch Through the Ages since he has suddenly become incredibly interested in the sport.

I whispered a soft spell when all four of us gathered on the courtyard, making a bright and magnificent fire erupt in front of us, instantly warming us all.

"Danger, twelve o'clock," Ron muttered. The four of us huddled in front of the fire and faced an approaching Snape. His eyes narrowed on us while our eyes narrowed on his limping leg.

"What's that you've got there Potter?" Snape asked sharply as he eyed the book in Harry's hands. "Library books are not to be taken outside of school. Give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor."

"He's just made that rule up," Harry muttered angrily as Snape limped away, the book in his hand.

"Why's he crippled?" I blurted.

There was a sharp snap on my hand along with the harsh commands of Hermione saying, "respect."

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Hermione," I drawled, rolling my eyes. "Happy? As I was saying . . . I wonder what's wrong with his leg?"

"Dunno, but I hope it's really hurting him," Ron said bitterly, making me giggle slightly. Oh, so I make a rude comment about a teacher and get slapped on the hand, but when Ron does it's fine? Pft.

The Gryffindor common room was very noisy that evening, Harry, Ron, Hemione, and I all sat next to a window. While I checked Harry's charms homework Hermione checked Ron's. We both refused to let them copy, but the urge to do more homework gnawed inside me and I instantly gave in to help.

"I'll be right back I'm going to see if I can get my book back," Harry said sighing, jumping up from the window and making his way to the portrait hole.

"Wait I'll come to," I rushed, jumping up as well and running after him, stopping as I took my place beside him.

"You kind of suck at charms," I blurted, my eyes widened in shock. Great way to start conversation... I'm so proud of you PENNELOPE!

"Oh," Harry said, his eyebrows furrowed. "Thanks?"

"You're welcome."

Oh my goodness. This will follow me to my death.

The whole way to the staff room I mentally repeated my abuse to the point where it got so intense in my head I had contemplated doing a backflip off the side of the tallest staircase.

Harry knocked gently on the door, but received no answer.

"Knock again," I whispered to him, but still received no answer. Harry placed his palm on the door and gently pushed, we both peered inside cautiously - a horrible seen played in front of us.

Snape and Filch we're inside, alone. Snape had his robes pulled above his knees with one of his legs arched as it was standing on a wooden stool. My mind began to softly play George Michael's Carless Whisper, making the situation a whole lot more horrifying.

"Blasting thing. How are you supposed to keep your eyes on all three heads at once?" Snape growled as Filch patched up the bloody leg. My heart jerked and I roughly pushed Harry back, closing the door as softly as I could.