Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

(Lucy's POV)

Madi and I walked hand-in-hand to the achery area to practice our aim. Ever since we had arrived at camp, she had been happier. I wasn't suprised. Not one bit. I knew this was her home. This was where she belonged, with Aslan and his grand army. She deserved to be here, not with her stinky Aunt Mcready who treated her like a servant. Madeline grabbed the nearest bow and an arrow from a case across from the three big circular targets we would be aiming for. Susan decided to join us. Madeline notched an arrow onto her bow, and pulled the leather string back, aiming for her target. Susan copied her motions. I smiled and pulled out my dagger. We all released our weapons at the same time. My dagger hit the middle of the target with a loud PLUNK. Madi's arrow hit the middle like mine did, but Susan's hit the white around it. She scowled, unimpressed with her work. Madi put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, Susan. Just have faith and your arrows will make their mark every time. Now try again." Madeline said encouragingly. Susan sighed, and notched another arrow. She pulled back, and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath, and let go.

"I told you! Great job, Susan!" Madeline shouted and hugged Susan when the arrow hit the red dot in the middle of the target.Susan smiled happily. Suddenly we heard horses neighing in the distance. Peter and Edmund arrived, dueling on top of their mighty steeds. Susan and I watched, but Madi was unimpressed. She contiuned to shoot arrows at the targets, hitting each one in the middle each time. There was something in her eye, I wasn't sure what it was. It could've been anything, but then it hit me. Worry.

(Madeline's POV)

"Well, I didn't know that Madi was that good with a bow." Ed asked as he hopped off his steed. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. THUNK! My arrow hit the target. He was just being obnoxious. I notched another arrow as I heard Peter approach me. I let the arrow go, and it hit the red circle. Peter put his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" he asked me. There was genuine concern in his eyes. I took a deep breath, and avoided eye contact.

"Something bad is about to happen. It's about to happen soon." I said and closed my eyes. Images flickered through my mind. Horrifying images. My eyes shot open and I looked at Peter, anger and hatred in my eyes.

"She's here." I said and unsheathed my sword. I could tell he knew who I was speaking of. I sprinted down towards Aslan's tent to warn him that the witch was on her way, but I was too late. She was already here.

"Make way! For the queen of Narnia!" a dwarf shouted as the witch was carried on a chair by four of her monsters. I growled. I gripped the hilt of my sword tightly, my knuckles turning as white as the melting snow. I heard Peter and the others chasing after me. They stopped at my side and saw the anger plastered on my face. I wanted to punch something. The witch and I made eye contact, and she smirked. I growled, causing Peter to put his hand on my shoulder, trying to sooth me. I shrugged it off and marched straight to Aslan's tent. I walked in.

"The witch is here." I said as if I was telling him that someone spat a bunch of rotten milk on my lunch. He approached me and put a paw on my shoulder, letting me know that I needed to breathe. His kind eyes helped bring my anger down. I took a deep breath, and we stepped outside to face the witch together. The witch was standing a few yards away from us. I kept a good grip on my sword, ready to strike if Aslan gave me the signal. She gave me an evil smile. Aslan nudged my shoulder before I could rip her brainless head from her neck.

"You have a traitor in your midst." she said, causing gasps and whispers to erupt from the soldiers around us. I could feel my face turning pale. A traitor? What did she mean by that? Suddenly she pointed to..... Me. "The girl included in your wretched prophacy has betrayed you." she said. The Pevensies looked over at me, shocked. I growled.

"How dare you lie to the King of Narnia!" I shouted at her. My voice was filled with so much hatred and rage that it caused the whole army to take a step back. Even the witch flinched at my out burst. Aslan stood in front of me, between us. Between me and the devil in female form.

"What do you mean, Jadis?" Aslan asked the witch. She smiled evilly.

"Bring her here, and I shall show you." she said.

"Over my dead body." Peter said and ran to my side. He stood next to Aslan, between the witch and I. His sword was pointed at her dangerously. She chuckled.

"Silly little boy, just because you have a sword doesn't mean you know how to use it." she said. Aslan nodded to Peter, telling him to put the sword down. He did as Aslan said and put the weapon away. The queen continued.

"When she was my captive, she gave me a very important piece of information." she said. I glared at her.

"I did no such thing!" I shouted. Peter had to hold me back before I murdered the witch where she stood. I hated her. She killed my parents. My real parents. She was the reason I had suffered so much. She was the reason that I wasn't queen. The witch grinned.

"I have proof." she said and approached me. She grabbed my arm and, before I could react, pulled up the sleeve, revealing a red diamond about the size of a quarter above my elbow.

"My guards mark each of our prisoners with 'The Traitor's Diamond' whenever they give me valuable information about my enemies. And this.." she said and raised my arm in the air. "....is proof!" she shouted to her army. They screamed and shouted with joy, thinking they have won. I pulled my arm away and slapped her across the face, my sleeve falling back down my strong, tanned arm.

"This proves nothing! I never told you anything! I don't even remember you giving me this!" I shouted in her face. She glared at me as her face started to turn red where my palm made contact with her cheek. I smirked evilly, happy to see that I had caused her pain.

"Why you slimy little-" the witch started to say and raised her sceptor, the pointy end that turns people to stone scarily close to my face. Aslan roared and stood between me and the witch.

"You two, come with me." he said and started to walk over to his tent. I turned to look back at the others. The Pevensies had hurt and newly created distrust in their eyes. Even Peter. Why didn't they believe me? I have never lied to them. I had saved their lives countless times, why can't they just believe me? My heart ached as Peter looked away from me. Then it shattered.

"Now, Madeline." Aslan said as they waited for me.

"I can't believe it." I said loud enough for only Peter and I to hear. He looked over at me, anger and distaste in his eyes. Hurt and sorrow appeared on mine, and I followed Aslan into his tent.