Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Lucy and I took a second to look at the magnificent wardrobe before us. I sighed, and opened it up. Lucy gave me a confused look, she probably thought I was insane. I gave her a small smile.

"You probably think I'm crazy, but just look inside." I said and walked in. She followed as we pushed past old jackets and furry coats.

"The boys were right, you are crazy." Lucy said. I just laughed as the coats started to diasppear and pine trees took their places. Lucy gasped once she saw them and I chuckled. We escaped from the solitude of the tree branches, and came to a clearing. I saw that the ground was covered in snow, so were the trees. Just like my dream. The sky was grey and overcast, the mountains in the distance were beautiful. We walked out onto the deep snow banks. I smiled when I saw the look on Lucy's face.

"Who's crazy, again?" I asked her and chuckled. She just stared at me, shocked.

"What is this place?" she asked me. I just laughed.

"What do you think? This...is Narnia!" I said triumphantly and danced around happily. I was home. I. Was. HOME. Lucy smiled and danced along with me. I tossed a bunch of snow into the air, Lucy giggled gleefully. The snow gently fell onto my face, causing shivers to form on my skin. I gasped and quickly put a hand over my mouth. I almost forgot.

"Lucy, do you want to meet Mr. Thomas?" I asked her. She smiled and jumped up and down happily.

"Yes please!" she said with a smile. I ran back to the wardrobe and searched for two coats that would fit us. Once I found them, I and handed Lucy a small wolf-skin one that I knew would fit her. She tried it on, and it fit perfectly. We both smiled and I slid into my black bear coat, and I grabbed onto her hand. We sprinted in the direction of Mr. Thomas'  house through the snow, our shoes leaving foot prints on the ground. Lucy looked around in awe of this new world she had entered for the first time. I remembered the first time I had stepped into Narnia as if it was yesterday....

I looked around at my surroundings. I had entered a forest filled with many different kinds of trees, and the sun shined brightly down on me. I felt my mother put her hand on my shoulder.

"Wow...this is a big wardrobe." I said in awe. My mother laughed.

"A very big wardrobe indeed." she said with a light chuckle. She grabbed onto my hand and we walked though the magnificent forest.

"Madi?" Lucy said, concern in her voice. I blinked a few times, returning back to reality.

"Yes, Lucy?" I asked her as we walked hand-in-hand through the winter pines.

"How much longer is it til we reach Mr.Thomas' house?" she asked me. I gave her a small smile and looked ahead.

"Actually, just a second more." I said as his front door came into view. His house was built into a small cliff, deep inside the woods. I remember all the great times Thomas and I had as children. We were great friends.

"Is that his house?" Lucy asked me.

"Yep."

"It seems a little small."

"But it's very cozy on the inside." I said to her as we approached it. When we reached his door step, I lightly tapped the wooden door with my knuckles.

"Who is it?" a voice asked from inside.

"It's the witch." I answered sarcasticlly and giggled. I heard him gasp and a rustle come from inside. The door suddenly swung open and two arms quickly wrapped around me.

"Madeline! It's great to see you!" he said as he hugged me. I hugged him back.

"It's great to see you too, Thomas. It's been a while." I said to him, a smile plastered on my face. He smiled back and tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. I looked up at his head.

"Your horns got bigger!" I said with a grin. He chuckled.

"You got taller!" he said astounded. We both laughed, and I remembered that Lucy was standing next to me. Thomas bent down so he was eye level with her and smiled.

"Is this your daughter?" he asked. I actually laughed, and he looked up at me confused. I stopped laughing when I realized he was actually serious.

"No, this is Lucy Pevensie. She's a friend of mine." I told him.

"Hello, Mr. Thomas." Lucy said and extended her hand to him. He just stared at it. Lucy and I both giggled at his confused expression.

"You're suppost to shake it, remember?" I said to him. He smiled and chuckled, remembering the first time we met and he didn't know how to shake my hand. He grabbed onto Lucy's hand and gave it a firm shake.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lucy. Would you two like to come in for some tea?" he asked. Lucy looked up at me.

"Wouldn't the others worry about where we are?" Lucy asked me. I gave her a small smile and explained to her how nomatter how long we're in Narnia, almost no time passes in the outside world. She nodded, understanding what I was saying, and we walked into Thomas' house for a warm refreshment.

"So, how have you been these past few years?" he asked me as he stomped off his hooves on the doormat. Lucy and I sat down on his couch in front of the fireplace. Thomas came into the room with two tea cups in his hands. He gave one to me, and one to Lucy. Then he sat down in his comfy chair across from us.

"Honestly, I've been horrible. The witch has found a way to sneak into my dreams. I haven't had a good night's sleep since the last time I was here." I said and took a sip of my tea. Lucy did the same.

"It's true. This morning, we woke up and heard her screaming. My brother and I ran to get help while Susan and Peter tried to wake her up. The professor came down to try and help, but when she started shouting something about 'Aslan', he told us to leave the room." Lucy explained. Thomas listened quietly, taking in all the information.

"Are you going back?" he asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Lucy is." I answered him. He just stared at me.

"That doesn't answer my question." he said. They both stared at me, waiting for my answer. I sighed. I had been thinking alot about if I would stay in Narnia or not. I guess it just depended on the witch.

"Honestly, I'm not sure."