Chapter 4

I coulds see shaplessness falling away from the shadows,and i could hear a crashing sound within my own mind like the ocean on a bank.I moved backwards blindley,the darkness swirling around me like a cloud,my back hit a wall hard and sturdy and i could feel fear and panic rise up in my veins,a feeling i hardly payed attention too.

The clouds seemed to form,into something in the shape of a man tall lanky and i could see the fringe of a scarf pushed aside by the uncoming wind.A light unnatural and inhuman sorrounded me and i was staring at eyes,dark bottomless and emotionless that felt like they would swallow me and hold me in their prison,tear my skin away from myy flesh before sowing them back on with scorching needles and repeating the process.

Something glinted at the corner of my eye and i could see the shape of a blade before my eyes,close so close,i could almost feel the tip of its sharpness tearing away my eyes from my head...

The sweat poured from my head as i sprang up,and i could feel the soaked wetness of my bed between my fingers,the rimnider that I had tossed and turned most of the night.My eyes aching from no rest and my mind screeching from all the thoughts i had put it through.

I had moved voilently and hoplessely in bed in the hopes of drivinng that letter out of the abyss of my mind,but i had failed miserably and quickly.

Beside your gravestone

,those words eched into my mind evertime i closed my eyes like a marking that had been there since time,i had tried to figure out hoplessely who could have written it but i had no chance all i did know was that whoever wrote that letter either did not know the full extent of the power of death,or even if they did choose not to acknowledge it.And that nightmare only added to the constant reminder that i felt i was watched,constantly and relentlessley,somehow fromw somewhere.

I had not slept much,but each time my body took me involentory into the lightest of slumbers,i would wake with my heart violently thruming inside my chest,and that was what happened,those eyes....bottomless,dark.I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply,drafts of air fillling my tired lungs.How could i kill death?.

**

I always wondered how people could say they wished they could see ghost,or how those people who actually did coped because if I saw ghosts i would be a very haunted man.The spirits of all those i had killed would come back to take the one thing i actually had to lose;My sanity.They would drive me into my own destruction,make me harm myself with the very hands that had harmed them,make my hands feel the thick warmness of my own blood rather than someone elses.And maybe i would even like it,the adrenaline and happiness of being freed from deaths manacles,but maybe i was only a dreamer,it was the only other thing i could be besides a killer.

I looked on from my window,the sun breaking out from the clouds and melting down the mists.I chewed voilently on my doughnut and bit down hard on my tongue,letting the metallic taste of blood run around on my taste buds.

''That looks so good right now''I heard a voice say from behind me,turning i saw a small figure,staring up at me.

''Who are you?''I asked with annoyance and taking in the small figure from head to toe.It was a girl,long curly red hair pouring over her shoulders like a waterfall.

''No need for such hostile tone''She said narrowing her crystal eyes at him.

''What do you want?''I said turning back to the window the doughnut gone.

''Which do you want me to answer first''Irritation in her voice.

''If you came here for my services,am out of order today besides you'll have to write a letter''I said walking towards her and pushing my way through-which was strictly not neccessary because she only reached my ribs-.

''I didnt come here for your stupiid work,i came here because you're being suummoned''

I stopped midway to the door,and turned on her angrily at the word 'summoned'.Summoned? I hated that word,who thought themselves worthy enough to summon me?.

I turned on her,my eyes blazing.I walked to were she stood resisting the urge to wrap my hands around her throat.Clenching my hands I spoke through clenched teeth.

''Summoned?,i don't work that way i told you before,if whoever you work for wants my services tell them to get a pen to paper and write a damn letter''I narrowed my eyes at her before making to leave again,but i could not move,my hands were wrigned like a table cloth and i was spun around,her small figure that was drapped in white garments had gone suddenly pale and flamed with a white light,her crystal eyes burning like a fire.

''You may be immortal,but there are still forces that are beyond you''She said and i could see her hovering above the ground lightly wings as silver as the moons relfection on water standing broad and firm from her back.

''Now that i know you will listen''I clenched my jaw and stared her through slit eyes.Her grip lightlning slightly,but not completely.''You are being summoned by not some mere being,but by the one who helps in their creation''

I raised my eyebrow at her.

''You are beiing summoned by Life''

My eyes widneded like saucers and i could not help the gasp that excaped my lips.

''What?''

''So now you're deaf Christopher?''She said my name,no one said my name only neddica did but she was...almost gone.I went rigid all over as the sound of my own name flooded my ears.

''You're an angel...''I whispered,taking in her appareance with more attetion now.

''So are you,even though you dont have the magnitutde of powers i have,you're still an angel..an angel of death''

''But why would Life want to see me?''I said my eyes still wide,my mind still racing,i took in drafts of air and closed my eyes,waiting for her to answer.

''For that,you'll have to come with me''