Chapter 3

Her ebony skin was shining under the sun,her chocolate brown eyes shaking,begging me not to do it,not to end her right there,but i had to,it wasnt my choice,it was death's and he wouldnt make me kill her if someone she knew and probably trusted didnt send me a letter.I wished i could whisper an apology to her make her realize it wasnt my fault,but that would be weakness and that was something i never harboured,not even if neddica died.I didnt want my thoughts getting in the way off my job so i just slashed her throat and left her bleeding on the ground,her crimson blood dripping out with no stop staining the grass.I left beneath the tree throwing the knife to the ground,i guess that was one of the perks of working for death no one dared ask you anything,no one would take me away for doing this,doing my job.

I needed to head to south bay,see neddica again i needed to tell her what poison had said,i needed to see her face again even if it wasnt as flawless as usual.It wasnt far from were i choose to kill that girl thankfully,meaning i wouldnt have to walk too long,i hated it walking from place to place,excersice?yes,pointless?extremely.

The benches,the fountains,all pointless now no one used them anymore,not since death took over long ago,the park was virtually non existence its only purpose to shelter the killings,and cover the bodies.Walking quicker as i came face to face with the entrance of the building,i curled my fingers into a fist as i heard the screams echoing through,ready to punch the maniac submitting her to the pain but i released them knowing if i did,it would bring too much attention and i didnt need that,not yet.I entered inside the poorly lit building and got to see for myself what she was enduring,one of deaths low ranked minions was over her,and she was on all fours with a fire which i'm assuming he created.The cursed creature with nothing but a balck cloth drapped from its waist was laughing,enjoying her pain.He took out a pan and placed it on the raging fire on her back.

''I heard eggss were you're favourite,would you like them with some toassst''he hissed the ss's directly into her ear.

''I know the perfect place to plug in the toassster''He said as the fire burnt her back and she screamed more.

It took all in me not to knock the creature on the floor and give him some pain of his own.

''That will do"I said trying to maintian my compsure ''You may leave''

He lifted his head his gaze meeting mine.

''Oh i didnt realissse you had come,ssorry i was just teaching this little pessst what she ought to have learnt''

''Yes,thank you,go now''I said and i could see he wasnt all too happy i had ruined his session.

''Yess sssir''he said taking off the pan,doucing the fire with his foot which made her back make a cracking sound as she was between his foot and the floor,he smiled again to himself and exited the room.

She managed to get herself up and i could see the hole in her shirt were the fire had burnt,and her skin was no better it was red sore with terrible burns and i saw her whimper.

''Its ok,um..am not sure how to say this..but poison said he doesnt know why death wants you dead''I said scratching the back of my head.

''''Thats crap,he knows why,i told him something''she said her voice angry and weak at the same time.

And at that point my trust fell apart,it widdered away.

''You did?this must be something really important that you choose not tell me''I said i couldnt even hide the hurt in my voice,

''It...it is''she said bowing her head down,suddenly fascinated by her fingers.

''Why'''the anger in me taking over all compassion i had for her.

''Why?''she replicated as if i was missing he obvious ''You're deaths right hand man,how could i trust you?how would i know you wouldnt betray me''her eyes glittered with question,regret.

''Now you know who you cant trust neddica,i hope you realize who you can''I said leaving the bay,i knew if i didnt do something she would be dead,just like that girl in the park,so no matter how much it hurt that she didnt trust me,my love for her healed me,but i hoped it wouldnt hurt and destroy me.