Chapter 2

I held him up higher letting his legs dangle as i pressed him hard against the wall,his hair was black like mine just a little lifeless and i could see the dust hanging off the tip,his grey shirt and trousers looked dull and faded,and i couldn't help but wonder for a minute how it felt to live in this place day in day out.Through clenched teeth i spoke.

''Why in the hell would you want her dead!''I said kneeing him in the ribs,he hunched forward his hair flopping forwards and an escape of black smoke exiting his mouth.Drawing him up again i couldn't help my increasing anger as i saw his smile.

''Well why not?shes the only one of us who can die anyway''he said laughing.

''You think this is funny?i wonder how funny you would find this when i drain every bit off life from that worthless body''

''It most feel so good being the one in the clan who can control the rest,kill us even,but as much as i would like to take credit it wasn't my idea''he said resting his head on the wall,because although he was somewhat immortal he still felt the impact of my knee to does decaying ribs of his.

''What do you mean''I asked my eyebrows furrowed my mind clouded.

''Think about it,why would i care if she was dead?,that's like the least of my problems am locked away here everyday,no way out and you really think my only desire is to kill neddica?''He asked with a sincerity in his rhetorical question.

I loosened my grip on his collar and dropped him to the floor,walking away from him i clunched my head.If it wasn't what he wanted,why write it?.I turned back to him and as if hearing my thoughts he said

''You may be the whats it called...oh yeah leader off this clan''he said doing quote signs on the word leader.

''But you still cant figure out who could make me do this,who wants her dead and why''

I narrowed my eyes at him.

''Its death,always death,only death,hes the first one i answer to before you this is all part of his plan,even this part me revealing this to you.But as to why?i don't know and you'll have to figure it out yourself.''

''Make sure you keep this conversation to yourself''

''I may try,but this is death we're talking about,unpredictable,comes when no one expects..hello anyone in there''he said waving his hands around.

''Dont make me want to break you again''I said and shoved my way past him.

I left his cage,where death felt good for him,secure,better as he put it.But even though poison killed anything that came his way there were times i felt sorry for him,felt something i couldn't unmask,maybe pity,but i had learnt to give up that emotion a very long time ago,and if i didn't i wouldn't be able to do my job.

The emotions in my head raged on as i reached my quaters,fitting for the head of the death clan elegant even,if not all those things it definately wasnt low and degrading like were poison stayed.