Chapter 1

Okay, just a note;

1. I do not own any of the characters or plot of Free! Iwatobi Swim Club

2. If this story looks familiar to you, please message me about it. Either someone's stealing from me or you just happened to come across it on my Tumblr.

3. Thanks for giving me a chance!

-Allie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Um, excuse me? Rinny the Pooh? Yeah, I'd appreciate it if you didn't MURDER MY FRIEND!!

"Hurry up, Tess, we're going to be late for our first day!" My best friend Yumi dragged me towards Samezuka High School's gates in an attempt to make me walk faster.

So naturally, I stopped moving and let her just drag me.

Yumi was a small girl with a small stature. She was 5'2", stick skinny, yet strong when she wanted to be, and, well, let's just say she didn't feel like being very macho at the moment.

She eventually gave up then turned around to face me, placing her hands on her hips with a huff. Her long black hair flew wildly around her small face, making her bright blue eyes stand out. "Stop being so difficult, Tessa O'Connor!" She chided. "I know you don't really want to be here, but while you are, please behave!"

I rolled my eyes. "The day I behave is the day the world ends," I murmured, brushing past her. "Come on," I then urged when I saw that she wasn't following. "You don't want to be late, do you?"

She made a very indignant noise when I teased her, then scowled. "Shut up!" She caught up to me and whacked my shoulder forcefully.

Oh so now she feels like being all Macho Libre. But not when I need her as a form of transportation. Best. Friend. Ever.

~~

"Tanaka Yumi!" The teacher called.

"Hi~" Yumi waved to the class and smiled, showing off her pearly white teeth.

"Tessa O'Connor!"

"She's American?" My classmates murmured when my foreign name was announced.

I was originally from California, but last year my father's work required us to move to Hokkaido. Yumi was my friend since birth, as our fathers both work for Hikari Enterprises, so we moved here at the same time. The only reason why Yumi is so... Japanese, is because, well, she is. I often stay over at her grandma's place because she views me as her own granddaughter. I learned all her mochi recipes.

"Actually," I said, raising my hand. "It's O'Connor Tessa."

It was funny, the way my last name was pronounced in Japanese. But it was also sort of humiliating when they said my first name as my last name. Stupid local people and their names that can be reversed and still sound good.

"Ah, gomen," my teacher mumbled, bowing slightly.

Suddenly the door creaked open, and in stepped a boy with magenta hair and matching eyes. Everyone started at him, including me. Well, I wasn't really staring. More like glaring because I bothered to be here on time, and look! Here comes Mr. Bad Boy with his "Badass-er than thou" attitude.

"And who might you be?" The teacher asked, giving him the up-down.

Sheesh. Fluffy people everywhere.

"Matsuoka Rin," he answered, slinging his backpack on the seat beside me.

"Hey!" I cried before the teacher had a chance to respond to Rinny's answer. "That seat's taken."

Rinny the Pooh glared at me. "By who?" He asked.

"Casper," I said proudly. "So I'd appreciate it if you didn't sit on my friend."

He just scowled, and plopped into the chair. "Never heard of him."

I scoffed, crossing my arms. "And you never will, since you KILLED him!"

Rin-chinny chin chin rolled his eyes. "You look American. I guess the rumors are true, and you're just another stupid farts and stripes."

I raised my eyebrow. "'Farts'?" I asked, my voice dangerously low. "Did you just say.. 'FARTS'?"

"Ne, ne, Tess," Yumi chided, tugging on my sleeve. "Behave."

I narrowed my emerald green eyes at her while peeking through my brown fringe. "Is it the end of the world, Yumi?"

"No," the teacher interrupted, "not yet." He then scribbled on a notepad and ripped the paper out, then passed it to me. "Now it is." He smiled sweetly.

"NANI KORE???" (What is this) I held the detention slip out away from my face as if it were a loaded diaper.

The teacher shook his head slowly, disappointedly. I have often that headshake so many times I have dubbed it the "Bad Tess Headshake."

"You and Matsuoka-san have earned yourselves detention today," he said, passing another slip to Rinny the Poo Head.

I slammed my face on my desk, cursing my fate. Detention with a hot black haired guy who lifts, I can handle. Detention with a scrawny kid who's too afraid to talk to me, sure. Detention with a guy with magenta hair, a girly name, and a fake badass attitude?

Kill me now.