I will Never be Alone

Chapter 27

                I sat on the ground. I was physically shaking. This was all too much to comprehend. Everything was based around me. If wasn’t bad already that I have abilities and would be fighting and that my abilities are one of the strongest now the main choice which could affect the path in which this all goes down now relies on me as well. I couldn’t take it.

                My hands clenched into fists and I felt my nails dig into my skin. I was trying to use the pain to calm myself down. I couldn’t get to angry or upset. I would end up sending a wave of energy out that could destroy anything in its path. Since I had trained, I could control my powers better but the energy that I could release around me was incredibly strong and it was dangerous because all my powers had increased and were so much stronger. I never thought I would have felt this angry and stressed which was why I was trying so hard to calm myself down.

                I controlled my breathing. I could feel the bubbling of my abilities as it surged through my veins. Eventually after God knows how long I had finally got myself into a better state. It wasn’t brilliant but I was calmer. My energy was still simmering under the surface but it wouldn’t release yet. I sighed. I stood up clutching the Text in my hand. Right now I didn’t care if it tore or got damaged. I felt like burning it.

                I walked back to the corridor. Susan was sat on one of the steps with her phone in her hand. I walked through the barrier to which she looked up. I kept my face emotionless. I didn’t want  to let my emotions get the better of me.

                What did it say?

                I shook my head.

                Let’s go. I need to get out of here.

                She nodded while looking at me inquisitively. She looked at the Text scrunched up in my hand. I walked up the steps and Susan followed behind me. I couldn’t take this. I walked through Westminster Abbey. I looked at all the stone sculptures and admired its beauty. Anything to simply take my mind off of the Text that was in my hand.            

                I left the building and climbed into the back of the waiting car. I placed my seat belt on and we left. The car journey back was silent. We wouldn’t get back until about 7:00pm. I was silent the whole way back. I did not say a word. I just kept staring at the word the Text had revealed. It was all too vague. I needed to know details. Try and make sense of this mess. Susan tried to talk to me a few times.

                What does it say?

                I just didn’t reply and Susan soon gave up to. I heard the worry in her thoughts about me but I just ignored them. I didn’t want her pity. According to this I was a traitor. I never spoke or made a sound all the way back up to the facility.

                A couple of hours later we arrived back and pulled into the underground garage. I climbed straight out and walked towards the entrance into the facility. Xander, Alastair and Alec were waiting. Susan had phoned to get them to talk to me. I could feel my emotions going haywire again. I opened the door and stormed past them not giving them a second glance. I needed to be alone. I needed to get my emotions sorted I couldn’t let it get out of control.