Searching for a Mole

Chapter 25

We were all still sat around the sofas. They looked at me inquisitively. They were all in though each of them had individual ideas on how to find out and seek this mole. Yet none of them had even bothered to consider the very useful ability that I happened to possess. Alastair was the most funny of all.

I know. I have this. Good cop, bad cop right? You know we can interrogate everyone good cop, bad cop style. Then we can watch as they begin to crumble. We could scare the hell out of them with our abilities. Oh yeah. I have this nailed… (More random thoughts). Oh my God. Alec could totally make the floor crumble around where they are. Haha. That would be hilarious.

I sighed. I mean seriously. What is this kid on? Madness. His thoughts are total madness. I outwardly sighed. It had been a good few minutes of silence. They looked at me slightly annoyed.

“Well come on then. What is so funny?” Xander asked, crossing his arms.

“I am sorry but all your thoughts and ideas are total madness. Isn’t it obvious what we should do?” I sighed, looking at each one of them.

They all looked back totally blank. Sometimes they could be totally bright and clever and then days like this common sense was thrown out the window into a shredder and then burned. Yep, that was how bad they were now. I curled my hair around my finger bored. I felt its softness against my skin.

“Honestly guys. How the hell did I find out about your wild and wacky theories? Don’t you think that would be useful?” I groaned.

They all debated what I had just said. 3…2…1… Light bulb moment. I saw their faces light up in recognition.

“Your mind reading ability,” Alastair exclaimed.

“Bingo! We have a winner,” I shouted, “All we need to do is get everyone in a room in small groups. We will ask them some questions or statements that might make them think of the task of relaying information to the others. I will read their minds until the right thought comes along and then problem solved.”

“That sounds like a plan. We will have this sorted really quick but my theory was better,” Alastair spoke, chuckling slightly.

“Oh yeah. Your theory was amazing. I might just tell everyone,” I teased.

“Oh no you don’t,” Alastair gasped, jumping towards me.

I placed up my shield and he crashed into it. I laughed at him as he fell to the floor and groaned. The other two laughed at him then and his sprawled figure across the floor. Alec hugged me round the waist.

“Yeah but we need to convince Susan first about this,” Alec stated.

“Ask me what?” Susan said, startling us.

I was shocked. I had been so caught up with us that I had missed her thoughts as she walked in. I looked at Xander and Alastair. They looked a bit sheepish at being caught talking about her. Alec didn’t look fazed by it at all. I turned to her.