Chapter Seven

Around the point of recalling every kidnapping movie I had ever seen, I started to drift off. My head slouched against the window, and my eyes closed.

I don't recall falling asleep, but I must have had at some point.

I was shaken out of a dreamless sleep by the usual person. It took me a few moments to realize I wasn't at "home", but in an automobile that was taking me to my death.

James was shaking my arm. I batted it away groggily, but he continued. "What do you want?"

He pointed towards the drivers seat.

I shit you not, the man was asleep. It wasn't the fact he was asleep he was motioning at, or even at the smile still plastered onto his face. It was the glove box.

It was still partially cracked open. The gun was still there.

James glanced back up at me. I knew exactly what he was thinking.

I shook my head.

Why, you might ask? There was hope. It was barley there. Just a tiny little sliver, but it was still there. There was that tiny little chance that something could happen that would spare our lives. They could decide not to use us. It wasn't very likely, but it was possible.

He motioned toward the gun again, making a shooting gesture with his fingers. I kicked his shin and shook my head again.

Just then, the car halted.

"We're here!" Said the man in a disgustingly cheerful voice. Rex groaned from the front seat.

" I will be right back! Don't go anywhere!" This was said in a cheerful voice.

As soon as he stepped out of the car, all of us in the back seat tried to unfasten the seat belts. I tried furiously with mine, tugging and pulling at it as if it would break at any moment.

" it's not going to work." Rex said in an almost singing voice.  " As soon as you click them in, they lock until someone turns them off. Don't waste your time."

 I slammed my head back against the seat. " There's no way to get out of here."

 "Yes Maps, lets extinguish all other options because you cant get out of a seat belt, dumb ass." There was a clicking sound from the front.  

  Rex turned around and smiled. "  The more you know."