Chapter Six

My mouth went dry. Nothing could be heard, and it seemed as though my heart pulsing was the only noise in the world. 

    As for James, I couldn't even imagine what he was feeling. He started to tremble, and his hand grasped around my arm. It seemed like this scene was frozen. Until he spoke up.

  "Do you want to continue?" 

 He was still smiling.

  James shook his head. The gun moved down from his temple, and the man placed it back into the glove box. 

  It was over just like that. James grsped onto me and buried his head into my shoulder and began to weep silently. I rubbed his back until he stopped shaking. 

   The silence left me to pounder. At first, I was skeptical to believe that he would have shot James. However, the more I thought about it, the more I came to believe he would had. My stomach felt sick thinking about it. As if I was the one holding the gun, and pointing it towards an innocent child's tear stained face.

  My fingers grasped my belt loop, and I wondered if it really would had been better if I had hung myself. The thought of James slummed against the seat with a bullet in his head wiped that thought from my mind. 

 The man was busy playing a game on his phone. I didn't understand why he was here if the car could drive itself. Jesse was awake, but Rex had fallen asleep. I reached up and shook his shoulder. No response. 

 I was too scared to say his name, so I shook him again. Nothing.

   I laid back in my seat. James looked up at me, then buried his head back into my shoulder, which was now sopping wet. The anxiety was high,  but the presence of boredom was beginning to take place. I had no idea where the valuing center was, and as far as I knew, it could take days to get there. The thought of being trapped in the car with the man was unbearable.

 I wanted to curl up and scream and cry like a four year old throwing a fit. Instead, I wiped my muddy shoes off  onto the cream colored carpet. It barley even changed .