(30) Adventure!

Two days before my birthday...

"Good morning beautiful" James kissed my forehead, his warm morning breath lingering from his lips. His body covered by white creme sheets and his long hair messy.

I softly groaned. "It's morning already?"

"Yes it is" He said, as I rolled over to face him. His eyes were closed, his long lashes decorating his eyes.

I smiled as I played with his baby hairs under his chin. "Years pass and you are still so adorable."

"Says the cute one" He said, pulling me close to his bare chest.

I breathe, taking in his unique scent. It smelled like home and comfort. He brushed his nose against mine, making it tickle. Our foreheads touch each other, as silence surrounds us. It feels right.

Small quick footsteps can be heard beyond our bedroom door. The door burst open, the little person ran to the bed and– "Ow!"

James sat up and picked him up. "Hey buddy." He whispered. "You woke up early today" He chuckled.

Our baby smiled and nodded. He had his father's hair and nose, while he had my eyes and lips. He pointed to his small head, pointing to where he got hit and pouted his lips.

"Aw, Peter" I said, as he crawled in to my arms. I kissed his head and whispered nice things to him, making him smile.

He slipped out of my arms and rolled in between us. We both looked down at him, as he stared at us with his big wide eyes. He played with his own feet for a while until he got bored of them and sat on his father's chest. James whole attention clouded our son. His every move, cries and giggles. He adored him.

Peter's tiny hands rested on his father's big firm hands. They both stared at each other as they smiled. I grabbed my pink Polaroid, which was resting on my night stand and took a picture of my two worlds.

"Dada!" Peter pointed to James.

James mouth fell open. "D-Did he just?"

"He did!" I squealed.

"What did you say?" James asked him excitedly.

His big eyes still glued on James. "Dada!"

"May, he said dada!" James looked at me overly excited. He pointed to himself. "I'm his dada!" He his grin went from ear to ear.

"I heard him James!" I giggled. "Can you say it one more time Peter?"

"Dada! Dada! Dada!" Peter kept repeating the words that shifted his daddy's world. James couldn't stop smiling.

I admired my wonderful husband overjoyed by the happiness our son brought him.

Everything was just right.
~~~
9:37 am
I opened my eyes, stretched my arms and sat up. Under my green top, my chest felt warm and fuzzy . My lips uncontrollably turned to a smile. My hand went up to cover it as I quietly giggled by the thought of my dream.