Chapter three

When I woke up, I was sitting in a white room with Toby sitting beside me, playing on his iPhone.

“What the?”

Toby looked up and smiled, “Hey, are you okay? I think you sprained your ankle or something.”

I nodded my head, remembering what happened. “I must’ve passed out from the pain. I’m pretty squeamish about that kind of stuff. I’m Alana, by the way,” I said, sticking my hand out for him to shake.

Still smiling, he shook my hand, “Alana? That’s kinda pretty. I’m Toby.”

“Thanks,” I felt my cheeks burning. “And I already knew who you were. I’m a huge fan.”

“Thanks!” he said. I thought I saw a faint pink glow on his cheek, but that was impossible. Toby would never blush at something like that.

“No problem. I’ve never been to the ER before…” I said. To be honest, I was seriously scared.

Toby laughed, “Really? I have a really funny story about the ER. Wanna hear?”

I nodded and he started telling me the story, which I’d already known, about how he tricked a doctor into thinking he had a broken arm. I found myself laughing and smiling the entire time, earning me a few glares from elderly and worried moms. He’d always had that talent of making me laugh, whether right now or through the computer screen.

For a few seconds we just sat there, staring into each other’s eyes. His eyes were so beautiful, which I know is a weird word to describe a guy, but they were. They were the perfect hazel; with little flecks of brown in them. He was perfect.

Toby’s P.O.V

Alana smiled, sending butterflies up my stomach.  She was so beautiful, with her dark hair and light eyes, plus that smile that could brighten up anyone’s day.

I don’t know what made me carry her to the hospital, because normally I would’ve just called 911 or something, but not with Alana.

“A-lane-a,” a middle aged nurse wearing scrubs with cartoon cats on them called from a door a few feet away.

I rolled my eyes and corrected her, “A- LAN-A,” earning me dirty glares from other patients. Like I cared.

I stood up and carefully picked up Alana bridal style, trying not to hit her foot on anything, which failed. She cringed and I felt like the worse person ever. I never wanted to hurt her ever again. “Oh my God, Alana, are you okay?!”

She put on a smile and whispered, “I’m fine, Toby. Don’t worry about it.”

God, she was perfect.

Alana’s P.O.V

“So do you wanna get something to eat?” Toby asked, causing my stomach to let out a deep rumble.

I looked away while my face turned bright red. My stomach had a tendency to growl even at the mention of food.

Toby laughed, “I guess that answers my question! Do you like IHOP?”

“More like LOVE!”

He laughed and shook his head.

God, he was perfect.

So kinda of cheesy, but oh well:P I hope my writing is getting better, but it would really help to get some pointers!:) Thanks for all the reads! You guys are the best! Lots of love ~Laken